can sum1 help please

mummy2010

mum of 1 and expecting
Reaction score
hiya. i just been midwife. baby as strong heartbeat:happydance:. but 2things im worried about is, my wee as protein what does this mean? and also my bloog group is A NEGATIVE. can sum1 please explain?

thanx. sarah xx

I'm not totally sure what it means, you can find stuff out about protein in uring on https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/complications/proteinurine/

If you're not sure what it means tho, maybe give your midwife a ring & ask her more about it.

& as for the rhesus status, I found this website helpful, https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/complications/whatisrhesusstatus/ I'm negative too, it just means that you'll have injection(s) later on in pregnancy, it's really quite common.

Joanne xx

protein in your urine - did you have a raised BP as this could meen either early signs of preeclampsia or more likely that you have a bit of infection in your bladder

blood type a- this means your blood type is rhesus negative at 28 weeks and after birth you will be given an anti -d injection in your upper arm or buttock to prevent you making anti bodies to your baby if their blood type is +, this only occurs if blood is crossed over from baby to yourself and will not effect this baby but future pregnancies if the baby has + blood type those anti bodies will attack the baby and can cause problems including birth defect miscarridge and stillbirth

but please dont worry about this its highly unlikely, but if you have and bumps trips or falls you need to get to a&e and ask for anti d jab

if you have any more Q let me know x

Protein in the urine can signify a couple of things. I have had a small amount in mine for a short time and it is a possible kidney infection/UTI, but this can only be assumed because my urine also showed quite a lot of leukocytes (white blood cells to fight infection) and I had some blood in there as well.

Protein can mean that you are on the verge of pre-eclampsia, but if your midwife thought this was possible then she would have said so. You may or may not have other symptoms - headaches, dots in vision and later on your hands and feet start to swell. Having protein in your urine means that your kidneys are not working properly. Your body should not filter out more than a small trace of protein.

Was it mentioned whether it was a trace or a lot of protein? A small amount would be nothing to worry about but would probably have to be kept and eye on.

What about your blood pressure: how is that?

See your GP if concerned as you should not have come away from a MW appt worrying like this. If there is an infection it does need dealing with. High BP on its own does not mean you have P-E, but if you also have protein in your wee then it could.

thnx everyone. my mw never sais wether it was a lil or alot. and my bp is 110/70. ive had no other symptoms.xx

Your BP is really good. Chat to your GP if you are concerned (and take a pee sample with you). I'd guess it's an infection tbh.

thankyou, i hope its just an infection and nothing more. im sat here in tears cos im scared. i shoulda asked mw more but i didnt think til i got home and read my notes xx

A bit of protein in your wee is completely normal in pregnancy (I am checked every 2 weeks due to kidney problems in the past and mine ALWAYS has a trace of protein in it which consultanat said is normal) high protein can indicate blood in your wee which means you could have an irritation in your waterworks somewhere - and protein and white blood cells means you have an infection which your body is already sorting out - white blood cells fight infection..

If you only have a little protein your midwife was unlikely to mention it as it isnt significant - meaning you DONT have an infection just normal wee for a pregnant lady. Try not to worry and if its the sort of thing you do, you must ask your midwife to explain anything she has put into your notes at the end of each appointment - she will be more than happy to do that if she realises it causes you worry when you read them at home xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->