Can taking a shower ruin my chances?

rustyswife828

TTC 2nd miracle baby
Reaction score
So it looks like I ovulated yesterday and we DTD 4 and 2 days before I ovulated.. But the two days before I laid down for maybe 5 mins and got right up and took a shower..

Could I ruin my chance of getting pregnant?

I don't know if it would RUIN chances, but I read that laying down for at least 15 minutes is a good call.

PS: Heehee, we always take a shower afterward, too. =)

You're supposed to lay down for Atleast 30 minutes, and also refrain from showering right after dtd. Technically I don't think it can ruin your chances perse, but laying down and not showering immediately after definitely helps your chances , by making sure all of oh's sperm gets in there as quickly as possible without any leaking out.

It's a load of rubbish if u ask me.. A womans body is designed so that as soon as the man ejaculates and pulls out most of the sperm has already made it up towards where it's meant to go.. Your vagina and cervix is all designed to help sperm along..

If we were meant to lie with our legs in the air then women would not have been conceiving for all these years and accidental pregnancies would never happen. Can you imagine cavewomen and your grannies lying with their legs in the air :nope:

By the time all the stuff leaks out it's mainly just seminal fluid, as the good sperm have already made their way up there.. I mean if people want to do it to put their mind at ease then go ahead, but to be honest I don't bother - dont see the point.

So to answer your question - No I dont think showering will harm your chances, unless you are douching LOL..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->