Can the baby move too much??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by kissikiss, Mar 23, 2010.

1. kissikiss

kissikiss <3 Mom to Elijah <3

Bit of an odd one, I know, but as it's my first, I have no idea really what to expect. Sorry if it's been asked before!!

So I've just hit 27 weeks today and I was wondering, can a baby move too much? I see a lot of posts about people worrying about their baby not moving enough, but I swear, my little guy is destined to be an aerobics instructor or something! Last night, my husband was actually laughing, cause he was feeling my stomach and he said he was kicking so hard that it was almost like he could feel the outline of a foot already! My husband takes it as a sign of him being healthy and active, but I wonder if he's in distress....

Right now, he's quiet, so it's not constant, but it's very regular, and fairly often. Already it wakes me up in the night.

I'd appreciate any opinions or past experience!! :flower: xx

2. LucyC2804

LucyC2804 Well-Known Member

I am currently 34+4 weeks, and my little'un is also very active... Baby was a late starter in the kick department, with me not feeling any really until 21-22 weeks. But boy is baby making up for it now!! I probably get about 50 kicks/movements a day, especially in the evening.... the other day me and the OH were playing on singstar, and the baby was going mad in my belly!!

Dont worry, I have asked this question too, but all the professionals/doctors/midwifes I have asked have all said that an active baby is a happy baby !!

Hope this helps x x

3. KayCee114

KayCee114 Mummy to Grace <3

I hope it's not a problem as my LO is the same!

I was thinking I would have reduced movements by now but it's just the same and because she is bigger it's really uncomfortable!

My belly looks like a bag of snakes!

She also 'twangs' my ribs REALLY hard with her feet/ knees! And pushes against them and then I get huge pressure from her head in my pelvis too!

Luckily she seems to sleep at night, but it's non stop during the day!

4. Tudor Rose

Tudor Rose Mummy

when i was expecting my 1st, we was at the theatre i was around 32 weeks and my tummy felt like a washing machine on a spin cycle, i put OH hand on my tum and it frightened him, it frightened me i was expecting my waters to brake because of all the movement, my MW said she was probley just turning over. i dont think you need to worry hun, im expecting my 3rd and she is very active too, my 2nd a boy was lazy and didnt move as much.

5. xXhayleyXx

xXhayleyXx Happy mummy of 6 :)

I think alot of it is to do with the fact baby is so much bigger now that they dont have as much room so when they do move we feel every movement not just some of them lol :) Our little man i swear last night was doing complete somersaults xxx

6. kissikiss

kissikiss <3 Mom to Elijah <3

thanks ladies! I'm not overly concerned about it, more just curious that's all! I'm hoping it's a sign that he's happy and healthy! And I'm also hoping it's not a precursor to him being a terror when he starts to walk etc!! :haha: xx

7. Jadey-x

Jadey-x Well-Known Member

My little girl is the same!! She moves around loads, and its actually quite amusing to watch my stomach ripple about!! I got slightly worried last week when i heard of 'fetal distress' with increased movement? but i spoke to my mum and her friend (whos a nurse and interested in midwifery) who both said they've never heard anything like that and that movement is always good!! Good luck with your little acrobat :) xx

8. chief's wife

chief's wife mum to 5 kids

lol expect a very active baby. as for when he starts walking expect to keep an eye on him always. must have got that from you or your hubby one of you must be or had been hyperactive

9. RainbowDrop_x

RainbowDrop_x Well-Known Member

My LO is the same. She was really lazy through out the 2nd tri but for some reason she's been none stop since I got over here. I got really worried about it aswell but like the other ladies have said my MW also told me an active baby is a happy baby.. It's a pain sometimes.. Don't get me wrong I love feeling her but it's like I never have a minute to just relax lol. And if I'm sitting in a way she doesn't find comfortable god help me lol xxx