Can they fire me? I'm really scared.

babytimeee

Reaction score
I don't know how the law works or whatever in the US but I know a place can't fire you for BEING pregnant.

But I've been having a lot of problems and have called out like 5 or 6 times in the past seven months, HOWEVER, I always have a doctors note.

My main reason for asking is because I had to call out Monday for extreme cramping and today, after trying to deal with this joint pain for two days now, I'm getting really nauseous and ALL of my joints hurt.

I have an appointment tomorrow but I really don't think it can wait.. I need some sort of relief.

I wouldn't worry about it TOO much if you have doctors' notes. Has anyone from work said anything to you or expressed concern for your job? We're pregnant. We have issues.

No one has said anything but I'm still really uncomfortable with missing a lot of work. My front end manager (cashier at Lowes) is really spiteful and if you call out he will hold it against you and cut your hours.

with Dr's note you are always safe even if it's 1000 of them unless your Dr is not accredited or his license is revoked. I think at your appointment tomorrow, ask the Dr to give you some rest like a week or 10 days...

I hope you feel better

No they can't fire you for being pregnant. But do keep all records that you can, and if possible ask for written reviews of your job performance. Reason being is because what they can do is try and find other reasons to fire you. It is very difficult to prove that they discriminate against your pregnancy for reason of firing. That is why it is always good to keep your own records. I actually ran into this problem with a little bit of a different scenario. But before I had told my boss I asked for a job review. Was a good thing that I did cause one week after I told her she tried to can me. Didn't work though. Cause I had covered all my bases.

So overall no they can't fire you for being pregnant but you do need to cover yourself cause they will find other ways or make work a living hell that you quite anyway.

Thanks ladies, I'll ask for a review tomorrow at work. I called my OB to see if I could move my appointment up but this time they said that it's something that needs to be addressed by my primary and it doesn't sound pregnancy related..

I called my primary today and they sounded pretty concerned so I am going to my appointment today at 3. I feel awkward just asking for a note for time off but I really feel it's necessary. I just don't know how to say it.. if that makes any sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->