Can this baby still be healthy

sunshine91

Reaction score
I'm 17 (actually I just tuned 18 today) and I'm about 15 weeks pregnant. I was planning on getting an abortion because of school, university next year all my future plans. But I believe I waited too long and I am sort of having second thoughts. My boyfriend really wants me to keep it but I keep telling him it's too late. I'm not even worried about telling my parents anymore, I just wish I can go back in time and do this pregnancy the right way. (or continued with my birth control)

Is it too late? Can I still have it without having any complications after it's born and many years later? It's been 15 weeks and I haven't been having a healthy diet at at. My water consumption is horrible (approximately a cup or 2 a day or less). My physical fitness is extremely bad ( I'm totally out of shape). And when I first found out I was pregnant a doctor told me I was underweight (98 pounds). I haven't even taken any of my prenatal vitamins.

I know that the first trimester is extremely critical in natal development and I just began the 2nd trimester. Is it possible for this baby can be perfectly healthy if I work on my nutrition and health immediately?

I want to be absolutely sure. No surprises or any sort of complications that can endanger the life of this baby.

Some people have told me that theres mothers who do drugs and drink throughout their pregnancy and still have came out healthy.

i don't belive in abortions.

but beacause your unhealthy doesnt exactl mean your baby will be i don't even drink a cp of water a day i smoke (really need to stop 4 baby) and the prenatal vitamins arnt required but are a option

on your 20 week scan they check for any type of problems,
also you can get blood test to make sure everything was okay like a test for downs etc and that was when i was around 13 weeks pregnant, also on your first scan if something was seriously wrong i reckon they would be able to tell you, and just start taking your folic acid asap and if your underweight you will probs be better off taking somen otehr vitamins too pregnacare do a vitamin that contains folic acid and the other vitamins you need, my cousins mum was taking hard drugs and drinking alcohol everyday with her baby and at first he had a few problems but now hes a happy healthy baby thank god!
just try not too worry and try and be healthy, i dont really eat that healthy but you still have to make sure you eat for the sake of your baby
xxx

There is no reason at all why ur baby can't b happy and healthy, start taking vitamins asap and try to have a healthy diet and lots of fluid, get ur self booked in with a midwife and discuss ur concerns. Its never too late hunny, good luck with the rest of ur pregnancy if u decide to continue x

Trust me your baby can still be healthy.
Back in the old days some people didn't have proper diets and no fancy vitamins and their babies came out fine!

I didn't get on prenatal vitamins til I was 16 weeks, I didn't eat very healthy and I did alot of things I shouldn't of in my first trimester..
My mom smoke and drank while pregnant with me, she was 35 and was not in good health but I came out healthy. They did have to do a C section but that was because the cord was wrapped around my neck but there was no danger to me :thumbup:

This baby can still be perfectly healthy trust me.

Listen hun, theres a well known saying 'its better late than never!' You sound so grown up and think you know what you now need to do....you seem to be facing up to your responsibilities and its not too late to make the best for your unborn baby.
You can start right now, I'm sure your little bab wont know youve not been eating right/out of shape/underweight...
Good Luck with the rest of your pregnancy x

Agreed with all the others, some people dont find out they are pregnant till way later than you. They are out drinking etc and have healthy babies, you just need to now start taking vits and looking after yourself and also there is the 20 weeks scan.

I didnt find out i was pregnant till i was 7 months gone :)blush:), for those 7 months i unwittingly did EVERYTHING your not suppsed to do wen preg pretty much, i drank heavily, smoked 15-20 a day, was rugby tacled (lol) by my freinds wen mesing around.
Wen i found out i cut everythin obv and i have a beautiful and 100% perfect little boy.
Its not too late, totally agree with the 'better vlate than never' sentiment.
good luck with your bub sweetheart xxxxx

I'm technically underweight (apparently!) don't drink nearly enough water and barely...if ever exercise..

Babies basically drain us of whatever they need! So in order to survive and grow, they'll strip us of nutrients! It's perfectly possible that your LO will be healthy despite not doing things the 'right' way because there is no right way, you can never be 100% prepared for a baby and you can never 100% follow the 'guidelines' that are about today.

Just get working on drinking more and eating healthily, ease yourself into some exercise and do the best you can from now on for you and bubs. :)

xx

I didnt find out i was pregnant till i was 7 months gone :)blush:), for those 7 months i unwittingly did EVERYTHING your not suppsed to do wen preg pretty much, i drank heavily, smoked 15-20 a day, was rugby tacled (lol) by my freinds wen mesing around.
Wen i found out i cut everythin obv and i have a beautiful and 100% perfect little boy.

was just going to use you as an example kris! :blush: hope ya dont mind lol
but yeah...
what she said ^
:lol:
xxx

Thank you so much guys, I was seriously thinking this was too late to have it since I waited too long to make a decision! Iv'e been so depressed throughout this entire pregnancy actually , since I didn't know what I was going to do. Iv'e even been slipping up on my straight A's at school. I really believe I want to go through with this.

Now my dilemma is telling my parents. The problem is that I'm Muslim, and it's against my religion to even date a boy. (no physical contact whatsoever). Although my parents know about my bf, I just told them this summer after keeping it a secret for almost 3 years. I really don't think anybody here can help me with this particular problem, but any ideas?

Thank you so much guys, I was seriously thinking this was too late to have it since I waited too long to make a decision! Iv'e been so depressed throughout this entire pregnancy actually , since I didn't know what I was going to do. Iv'e even been slipping up on my straight A's at school. I really believe I want to go through with this.

Now my dilemma is telling my parents. The problem is that I'm Muslim, and it's against my religion to even date a boy. (no physical contact whatsoever). Although my parents know about my bf, I just told them this summer after keeping it a secret for almost 3 years. I really don't think anybody here can help me with this particular problem, but any ideas?

never too late ;)
i dont have any particular help to offer on telling your parents, as mine are pretty lenient and were ok about it tbh. i think you know they will be angry, but just remember if they say anything over dramatic or hurtful try not to let it get to you, soo many people on here have had their parents say horrible things and react awfully when theyve told them, but they pretty much all come round in the end. :hugs:
sorry, that wasnt much help lol. maybe write them a letter? give them time to come to terms with it rather than springing it on them. that way you can think through properly what you want to say and how to phrase it carefully, and they will have a bit of time to cool off before they consult you. worth a shot.
and remember you'll always have the support of us on here! i know that sounds lame compared to having the support of your parents but just in case they dont support you, we are always here!! i think its wonderful you are keeping your baby :flower:

wow essay :blush:

was just going to use you as an example kris! :blush: hope ya dont mind lol
but yeah...
what she said ^
:lol:
xxx

Lol no anna
in fact i have to say im quite touched :cry:

:laugh2:

Ur welcome, its lovely ur going to keep your baby. Im in no way religouse but it rlly is a blessing :)
A sfor your parents. Shiz now thats a toughy, but anna is right. They may be angry, say hurtful things, upset u (hmmm not helping am i? lol) but im sure they love you and they will come round.
And yeh happy bday!
Lol u r in a very similar situation as i was lol, i told my parents 3 days after my 18th, tho i then had tommy 2 months later...:blush: lol
Good luck!
We're all here 4 u xxxxxx

Good Luck hun, its important for you to see a doctor asap:)
I hope your parents aren't too hard on you, but sometimes they are=(
we are all here for you if things go bad:) (well we are all here if things go good as well haha)

To be honest, i think waiting til week 15 is pure evil against a little unborn baby. But if thats what you want to do then go ahead, just make sure you wouldnt regret it later and have it on your conscience. I know I would never be able to do that. Sorry to sound harsh.

To be honest, i think waiting til week 15 is pure evil against a little unborn baby. But if thats what you want to do then go ahead, just make sure you wouldnt regret it later and have it on your conscience. I know I would never be able to do that. Sorry to sound harsh.

Sorry but wat was the point in posting that?
Do u expect her to turn back time and change it?
Very rude i think, no need to have a go. She is taking responsiiblity now and that is what matters.
Plesae dont band around the word evil, its just uncalled for, quite clearly she was scared and who r u to judge?
No need for it.

Sorry but wat was the point in posting that?
Do u expect her to turn back time and change it?
Very rude i think, no need to have a go. She is taking responsiiblity now and that is what matters.
Plesae dont band around the word evil, its just uncalled for, quite clearly she was scared and who r u to judge?
No need for it.
^ Agreed that was uncalled for..

That's a very tough decision in that situation..
I myself didn't decide until I was already like 12-13 weeks along when I told my dad..

Wasn't able to get my first doctors appointment til I was 16 weeks and me and my L/O are perfectly fine :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->