Can this Clomid still help me?

ERosePW

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm new to the site, and have been hesitant about joining, as I've slowly been picking up all the habits we obsessed women get when we start feeling desperate for a baby. Taking too many prego tests (and too early!), reading way more than i should on the internet, getting my hopes up just because my boobs hurt, etc. I was afraid if i joined a forum, I'd obsess even more. But I decided that it might be best to have people in the same boat to talk to about it, AND especially be able to ask my questions directly, instead of just googling and coming up with someone else's question formed similar to my own. :)

Anyway, I'm 37 and ttc #1 for about 10 months now. Finally, my hubby and I went to the doctor last week to start whatever the next steps are. He got checked first, and if he's fine, I am to start Clomid in my next cycle.

So my questions are this...
1. My doctor believe that I am O'ing since I did OPKs the last few months and temped as well. He did say I seem to O a little bit early (CD11), and that I could be releasing eggs that aren't mature enough, but he wasn't sure if that was the issue or not. But my question is, if a woman is O'ing already, what exactly does Clomid do to improve her chances of getting pregnant?
2. He put me on a very low dose (25mg), stating that he doesn't want to start me too high since I am only 104 lbs. I've read a few experiences online of women who got pregnant on that low dose, but it seems rare for a doctor to even prescribe less than 50mg. Has anyone here gotten pregnant before on 25mg of Clomid?

Any help would sure be appreciated. IF I'm not prego in my current cycle (should know any day now, but I'm not expecting anything), then I'll be starting the Clomid early Oct.

Thanks ladies!!

Hi dear , check trying to conceive1 forum a lot of ladies who are taking clomid first time have started threads. You can check them out.
Best of luck x

Hi there, it took me 9 months to conceive my little girl. Was just on the brink of going for a lap and dye when I discovered I was pregnant. I also do not ovulate every month so I do think they should test you for that. Maybe they already have but it sounds like your doc is just going by the OPKs so I think the blood test might be a good idea. That's how I found out that I don't O every month which clearly makes it harder to conceive. Hubby had a sperm test which was fine so that ruled that out.

I should also mention that I'm 38 and was 37 when I conceived. You're just right to get it checked out though. I went when we were trying 6 months purely because of my age.

We are now hoping to conceive again now that my DD is almost 9 months which is why I'm lurking in this forum!

Please don't give up hope. They say it can take a normal fertile couple up to a year to conceive. I do know how you feel and the disappointment that you experience every month when it isn't happening. :hugs:

Sending you lots of babydust. Good luck

ps, I also wanted to say, I also took the pre-conceive multivitamins and folic acid. You're probably doing that anyway.

Hi there, it took me 9 months to conceive my little girl. Was just on the brink of going for a lap and dye when I discovered I was pregnant. I also do not ovulate every month so I do think they should test you for that. Maybe they already have but it sounds like your doc is just going by the OPKs so I think the blood test might be a good idea. That's how I found out that I don't O every month which clearly makes it harder to conceive. Hubby had a sperm test which was fine so that ruled that out.

I should also mention that I'm 38 and was 37 when I conceived. You're just right to get it checked out though. I went when we were trying 6 months purely because of my age.

We are now hoping to conceive again now that my DD is almost 9 months which is why I'm lurking in this forum!

Please don't give up hope. They say it can take a normal fertile couple up to a year to conceive. I do know how you feel and the disappointment that you experience every month when it isn't happening. :hugs:

Sending you lots of babydust. Good luck

ps, I also wanted to say, I also took the pre-conceive multivitamins and folic acid. You're probably doing that anyway.

It's nice to know you were in the same boat as me with regards to your age TTC#1. It always gives me hope when I read stuff like that. Its wonderful that you conceived in your 9th month. :) That gives me hope that it could happen to me any day now. And I'm sure I will be in a similar position when I TTC #2.

In regards to the blood tests, my doctor didn't actually mention that he'd like to do that. He felt that since the OPKs were coming back positive AND since my temperature was indeed spiking the day after, that he didn't wonder whether or not I was O'ing. He wondered more whether or not the eggs I was releasing were mature enough since they were coming so soon after my period (or whether there was just a problem with implantation since the uterine lining may not be fully formed after period). BUT, I do feel like you raise a good point, and if the Clomid doesnt do whatever it is he thinks its going to do, then I will not wait long before I ask him to start blood testing, just to be SURE.

Thanks so much for your response!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->