Can ultrasound tech hurt baby?

GWB34

Reaction score
Wife went in for a 12 week ultrasound and it looked like one of the babies was being squished on the monitor, it freaked me out and I've been a nervous wreck since. Wife said she didn't press hard enough to even hurt her so the baby is fine. The way the images show up on the monitor it looked to me that the womb was being crushed and the baby was in distress. I know I'm being paranoid but I'm so scared something will happen to our babies. Has anyone had am this feeling after an ultrasound?

Babies are so protected in their mothers wombs, it's HIGHLY unlikely an ultrasound tech could harm the baby by pressing too hard. I'm sure she wasn't pressing hard anyway , it probably just looked funny on the screen because ultrasounds aren't super clear and there's other things that come up in the images . Someone or something would have to severely hurt a mothers abdomen/uterus with great force to harm the baby.. Don't worry :) and congratulations !

So sorry you're feeling so concerned about this :( Honestly, I don't think it would be any different than the pressure that would be put on the uterus from curling up in bed or leaning against the edge of a counter - things like that. The baby is very protected in there. More cushioning than you'd think I'd say, plus fluid to buffer. Also - the picture that shows up looks pretty warped as they move the Doppler around, you know? It distorts the image as they change angles, so it likely just LOOKED like baby was being squished. Try not to worry. You're a good hubby to be concerned tho, shows you care a lot. Have you talked to your wife about this any more? She may be able to help ease your mind too if she knows just how bothered you are by this. <3

Thanks for the replies and no I don't want her to worry right now so no I didn't say much , just asked if she was pushing down to hard and she said no worse than our reg doc does and it didn't hurt a bit. We have been together 12 years, we got married at 22 and we did IVF for the first time and we got fraternal twins out of it. I just worry if something goes wrong we will be so crushed so I worry nonstop about everything. We will be 13 weeks on Monday and closer to second trimester so maybe my anxiety will get better. I hope so because I'm just a nervous wreck every day right now and having a hard time getting rest or relaxing at all.

No :) i know its hard not to worry about these things but bubs is very protected in there specially so early on :)

Big congratulations to you - twins! I know it must be hard but really try to relax - it will help your wife too :) 13 weeks is a great thing <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->