Can we drink Lucozade?

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
I'm not having much caffeine but have been wanting to drink lucozade. I know for the glucose test you have to drink lucozade but what about on a regular basis? I've also been feeling weak and it's helped me.

I drank lucozade on a regular basis through out my first and second pg. I also thought it would be safe as it is used for the glucose test which i had for both pg's. At the end of my second pg, I was admitted to hospital as baby's heart rate was through the roof. After a general Chat with a midwife I was scorned for drinking lucozade and blamed for babies high heart rate. A week and half later I was admitted again for the babies heart rate yet again being 210+ bpm, this time having not touched another drop of lucozade. So I'm undecided whether it was harmful or not. They say lucozade sport (isotonic drinks) are ok. Not lucozade. But having had two different occasions with and without Lucozade I can't say for sure what is best.

I drank lucozade on a regular basis through out my first and second pg. I also thought it would be safe as it is used for the glucose test which i had for both pg's. At the end of my second pg, I was admitted to hospital as baby's heart rate was through the roof. After a general Chat with a midwife I was scorned for drinking lucozade and blamed for babies high heart rate. A week and half later I was admitted again for the babies heart rate yet again being 210+ bpm, this time having not touched another drop of lucozade. So I'm undecided whether it was harmful or not. They say lucozade sport (isotonic drinks) are ok. Not lucozade. But having had two different occasions with and without Lucozade I can't say for sure what is best.

Thanks for this, I appreciate your honesty. I hope your baby was ok?

My second child was born with a heart defect so i think sacrificing lucozade won't be the wrong thing to do. Better safe than sorry x

There's lots of women who drink it. I do feel bad now for drinking it as I don't know if that was the cause if my lo's high heart rate. She is fine, thank u. Absolutely perfect
The midwife who delivered my lo said the cause was Un known. But they put it in my notes that I had drank lucozade. If I could turn bk time I wouldn't touch a drop. :(

High fibre/slow energy releasing foods are great for storing energy through out the day. Snacking little and often also helps.

I drank it with dd thru sickness in first tri and same now..
I have 1 small bottle every other day
Its 1 of the only things i can keep down

I wont continue to drink once im stopped bein sick but mw said in proportion is ok

i think a little is ok as long as you dont over do it, is it due to the caffeine that you cant drink it?

What is lucozade? My OB actually told me to drink Gatorade as it helps replenish electrolytes etc and helps with feeling faint. Not sure if it's the same?

Nope just uk..
I suppose its like gatorade...
But its fizzy

When i was growim up if i was ill my dad always got me lucozade

Nope just uk..
I suppose its like gatorade...
But its fizzy

When i was growim up if i was ill my dad always got me lucozade

Sounds like Gatorade....Gatorade is safe in moderation.I don't believe Gatorade has any caffeine in it though

A normal small bottle of lucozade has 46mg of caffine...

In pregnancy they say limit to 200mg so odd bottle is fine xx

Lucozade is mainly glucose for energy. There are flat isotonic versions though, like lucozade sport which I think would be safer? In hospital I was told isotonic drinks were great for helping stay hydrated x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->