Can we please test this out? Early Gender Prediction UPDATE P.6!!!

daydreaming22

Reaction score
It supposedly works with early scans. Let me clarify, it is not what side you see bubs on but which side the placenta is attached. Methods are for TV U/S, if you had an abdominal U/S it will be the exact opposite because it is a mirror image. And just as a disclaimer, I am not claiming that this study has any scientific merrit, so please spare the lecture I got last time I posted it ;) I just think it would be fun to guess with out early scan pics. Come on ladies add your pics and let's play!

"This is a multi-center prospective cohort study of 5376 pregnant women that underwent ultrasonography from 1997 to 2007. Trans-vaginal sonograms were performed in 22% of the patients at 6 weeks gestation, and Trans-abdominal sonograms were used at 18-20 weeks gestation, at this time the fetal gender were confirmed in 98-99%. The fetal sex was confirmed 100% after delivery. The study also addressed the bicornuate uteri with single pregnancy in relation to placenta / chorionic villi location. The result was tabulated according to gender and placenta / chorionic villi location. Bicornuate uteri with single fetus in different horns were studied and tabulated

Result
Dramatic differences were detected in chorionic villi / placental location according to gender. 97.2% of the male fetuses had a chorionic villi/placenta location on the right side of the uterus whereas, 2.4% had a chorionic villi/placenta location to the left of the uterus. On the other hand 97.5% of female fetuses had a chorionic villi/placenta location to the left of the uterus whereas, 2.7% had their chorionic villi/placenta location to the right side of the uterus. 127 cases were found to involve bicornuate uteri with single foetuses, most male fetuses were located in the right horn of the uterus and showed right placental laterality (70%). Most female fetuses 59% on the other hand, were located in the left horn and showed left laterality (59%).Moreover, most of the males located in the left horn exhibited right laterality (89%). Also most females located in right horn exhibited left laterality (976.4%). In addition this research indicated that there was a possible link between renal pyelectasis and placental location, and it might be used as a genetic soft marker.

Conclusion
Ramzi’s method is using placenta /chorionic villi location as a marker for fetal gender detection at 6 weeks gestation was found to be highly reliable. This method correctly predicts the fetus gender in 97.2% of males and 97.5% of females early in the first trimester. And it might be helpful to use as a genetic soft marker in relation with fetal pyelectasis.

In simple terms-

*placenta located on right- 97.2% chance it is a boy
*placenta located on left- 97.5% chance it is a girl
*in a bicornate uterus- 70% males implanted on right with right placental laterality; 59% implanted on left were female with left laterality
*those males that implanted on the left- exhibited right laterality 89% of the time.
*those females that implanted on the right exhibited left laterality of the time.
https://www.obgyn.net/ultrasound/ultr...ental_location

Just read a forum on whattoexpect.com and it worked for many of the pics! It can be difficult figuring R from L in pics, they said its best to ask the sonographer what side of the uterus the placenta is on. Ill be updating after my scan tomorrow!

Sounds cool! It's worth a shot! LOL Let me know how it goes for you!

My baby was is in the middle on the bottom :/

this is 8 weeks and 6 days

Attachments

• Image56.jpg
    Image56.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 77
oh and this was a regular ultra sound not tv

<---this is my 7 week scan. it was a tv scan and the placenta is on the left so that means girl. ohhh cant wait for my 12 week scan to get more opinions on skull and nub guesses. xx

This is interesting, was right with DS2. I will ask at my 6 week scan, which is a week and a half away :thumbup:

Would love to know, too. my scan is next week. praying and keeping fingers crossed for a sticky bean... hugs to all..

Hi DD
Im wondering how you got on at ur scan 2day??
Im 12+6 and im havin a scan nxt Wed 4thJan! WOnder wud it still work if i asked?? What do you think?
Good luck
xxBC

Does this mean im having another boy...?:wacko:
this is a vaginal scan at exactly 7 weeks!

Attachments

• baby#4.jpg
    baby#4.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 90
How can you tell which side it's on? I'm confused!! X

What would mine be?

Attachments

• babynumber2.jpg
    babynumber2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 33
Don't no where we can find out I have googeld it!! X

How would i know what side it attached to ? Im a lil confused too

Hi Girls
Yet again im bk on here,and would love to have known if the original poster had a better idea after she had her scan??
Does anybody know?????
I have my scan on Wed,i will be more than 6-7wks but im gonna ask out of curiousity!!
GoodLuck
XXBC

I have my ultrasound on wednesday. With my DD it was on the left.

can you help all of my babies the baby has been left and placenta has been on the right on the picture reversed does this mean the test was right of wrong for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->