Can we talk about baby gear?

Bingo

Reaction score
I'm going to drive myself nuts if I don't talk about buying stuff for baby. Obviously I'm very excited but also apprehensive because of loosing my last pregnancy, but I can't help but look at and choose all the things I want to buy for baby.

I've got everything picked out and I've even put the stuff into colour coordinated tables. Is anyone else this crazy? I had most stuff picked out from last time around. I think I'll be sensible and if all goes well I will only start buying things once I've had a successful 20 week scan.

For those of you already much further along, have you started buying things and if so what have you bought? Feel free to post photos. :D

Must confess, I did start buying a few bits after 20 weeks, but mostly was after I was viable about 26 weeks before I started going nuts and maxing out the credit card. Was far too apprehensive to buy anything much before! (kicking myself now, as I've got less time to pay back the store cards haha)

Hi Bingo,

I remember buying stuff for my daughter, who is now nearly 2, I was further along when I started getting it, 'cos we were renovating our flat and there was nowhere clean to put any baby things at the time. It was a really special time, I knew I was having a girl and loved picking stuff out for her, mainly that lemon "baby" yellow.

The best bit was when the carpets went down in the flat, the nursery / spare room (still functions as both, we have a 2-bed flat) was finally ready and the moses basket was all set up, was beautiful. This was on her due date, she was almost a week late which was a good thing 'cos we just weren't ready at all!

Getting the pram was also really exciting, it was the only thing my other half got excited about, I did the rest by myself (he was busy with the DIY).

People give you LOADS of clothes in size 0-3 and 3-6, so maybe just get the basics for those sizes. IKEA do nice patterned muslins and other bargain textiles.

The research you're doing now is bound to come in handy / save a few pennies!

Best wishes for your pregnancy.

I bought my nappy system after my 12 week scan. I'm not buying anything that can't be stuck in a drawer or on a shelf until umm... March so I'll be 24-28 weeks or so by then (depending on what point in the month I buy). This allows me to spread out my purchases a bit, and also not have anything large and unavoidable to look at if I ...need to pack things away again. I don't want to put things off too long so I'm not caught unawares either.
I've done a lot of looking and planning and pricing though so I can be prepared when I do buy things.

I've been saving things I like on Microsoft Word since I found out lol *embarrassed* so I feel like I'm shopping...but we won't actually buy anything until 20-26 week mark.
If anything goes wrong I'll just delete the file. xx

I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I have photo's and info on the products such as a pram, cot (Amby Natures Nest), carrier, bouncer and car seat saved in Word as well. :haha: I've even been looking at bottles even though I would like to breast feed.

If my 7 week scan goes well I'm even going to drag hubby along to the Baby Show in Feb.

I know it's still so early and I shouldn't be getting so excited but I just can't help it.

I haevn't bought anything yet (simply because I haven't found anything that suits my fancy yet) but I have been looking, espesially at some of the big items....stroller, car seat, maybe crib (if mine has been recalled....have to check). The thing is, I have a son and a daughter already (5 & 6 years) and so I have pretty much everything as far as clothing etc.

i have *looked* but in my head picked out EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!
Ive chosen all the nursery furniture, crib, pram, sling, bouncer. the only thing im not too fussed about is clothes, everywhere always has lovely baby clothes so them bits i will just pick up as i go along. I think if we hadnt has a MC in november i would be buying now but we are waiting till 12 weeks now.
xxxx

I'm 23 weeks now and still too scared to buy anything! We have said we will do when I get to 30 weeks. Luckily we have a lot of things already as we kept everything from when our 2 yr old was born and being on team pink for the 3rd time helps.

I pretty much have our whole nursery now...Most on layby but quite a bit already at home packed away. I won't set it up yet, but I am too excited not to go out buying. I'm going to have a baby....So I will need it all eventually!

I pretty much have our whole nursery now...Most on layby but quite a bit already at home packed away. I won't set it up yet, but I am too excited not to go out buying. I'm going to have a baby....So I will need it all eventually!

That's exciting. :happydance: Have you taken the stuff you have at home out for a peek? I wouldn't be able to help myself. I think I'd have to unpack it all, set it up, look at it all set up and then pack it all away again. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->