Can you be high risk one pregnacy and low risk the next

Dream.dream

SAHM to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
I really want a midwife for this biirth. I was misdiagnosed with an autoimmune disorder during my last pregnancy so was high risk . But since i know longer have have the disorder could i be low risk this time? Or is it oncw your high risk youre always high risk? I was low risk my first pregnancy .

I don't know the answer, but if you were only high risk due to the autoimmune disorder and you now know that was misdiagnosed and you don't have it, I can't see why you'd be high risk for this one. Unless whatever symptoms caused you to be misdiagnosed are still there without a diagnosis... that might keep you in the high risk category.

I don't know the answer, but if you were only high risk due to the autoimmune disorder and you now know that was misdiagnosed and you don't have it, I can't see why you'd be high risk for this one. Unless whatever symptoms caused you to be misdiagnosed are still there without a diagnosis... that might keep you in the high risk category.

No i havent had any symptoms in 4 years and no longer have the diagnosis. Im hoping it isnt going to affect this pregnancy because i had to have alot of thing done that i dont want to do again

Honestly I would schedule an appointment with a midwife and just tell her your history so that she knows but I don't see how it would prevent you from having a midwife during the birth. Now if you had something like preeclampsia, placenta previa or something of that nature then I'd say every pregnancy would probably be high risk but that's not your case so I wouldn't see how that could be considered "high risk" for this pregnancy. I actually have two hereditary diseases that run in my family, not closely but there was still a slight possibility, one is an autoimmune disease, and delivered with a midwife during my last three pregnancies.

^^^^^what she said. I was textbook low risk with dd1, low risk with dd2 until boom , pree. Now I'm apparently high risk due to that and mc. If the only thing that made you high risk is something that wasn't caused by pregnancy and you no longer have it, I don't think you have to be high risk :)

If you're in the U.K., Yes, definitely. They may want you to at least see a consultant to sign you off consultant led care. But either way you can always decline your consultant appointments if you think they're pointless. They may still want you to be certain criteria for a midwife led unit (which you may well meet easily), but that doesn't mean you can't be midwife led and use the main hospital unit but decline extra monitoring, etc. You can also much more easily have a home birth (you don't need anyone's permission for that, because it's your house and they have to support you). If you're elsewhere, it depends on insurance and who is in your area and what you can pay for more than anything.

Im in canada.

I just applied and heard back from 2 practice. I have meetings with the midwives in april but they said they can likley keep me they may just have me have a precautionary meeting with an ob

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->