Can you believe how I have been treated!?? *(UPDATE PG2- COMPLAINT)

I'm really glad you've managed to get it sorted and they've admitted fault on this, well done for standing your ground! Unfortunately, the AA are just as bloody bad, I had a 1 year old Clio Sport which broke down 4 times over 6 months and the 5th time I called them out, they refused, as I had used all my call out "allowance" for the 12 month period! This was with the top bloody package, which was actually pretty expensive! I sold the car, got a more reliable Merc and have been with the RAC now, and so far, I've had good experience of them (the one time I've called them out).
I think they are all as bad as each other, and will only get better if people like you stand up to them! Well done again

well done hun, id still email watchdog
if i was you id go with AA my OH is with them and when id taken car out (just my luck it breaks down when im on my own) i called OH who called AA and said preg partner is on a dark back road middle of nowhere (and due to bodykit need a truck) they then called my mobile to confirm location and where out within 30mins, even though i wasnt the policy holder (which the nice mechanic informed me when he worked withRAC they wouldnt of come out if OH wasnt in car, even though the car is covered, i have since added my name to AA policy just in case)

appartently woman on there own (preg or not) at night or woman with children get priority with AA

Yeah I struck up a deal with the AA now. secondly because I have now had my quota for the year on call outs with the RAC so if I ring them again I will get surcharged.

I got thi thing with the AA that covers £500 parts and labour should my car conk again. Conditions are that it has to have service history up to date etc.. which it is.

Just hope it doesnt break down really.. but if it doe.. its going to PEUGEOT this time! lol

greenflag advertise that if you are female, pregnant or have small children with you they will do their best to have a vehicle with you within half hour.

Urgh, seems like the RAC are just incompetent through and through. I was on my scooter once, and phoned them as it just died - electrics et al. I explained that it was a scooter, so unless the person had motorcycle experience/tools, then they'd be best sending a van that could fit the scoot. Told them exactly where I was, and sat back to wait. Thankfully DH came with the car so I had somewhere warm to sit (it was pee'in down with rain!).

After 45 mins... nothing. Phoned them again "Oh yes, they're on the way." Another half hour. Got a phone call from an engineer with the broadest Somerset accent I've ever heard. "I've gone all the way through the village, and I can't see you." I'm like "I'm not in a village. Erm, where are you?" "Yeovil." Me: "Well that's useful, as I'm in Central Scotland!". I'd given the call centre monkey everything including the first 3 letters of the postcode of where I was, and they STILL got it wrong!

Eventually a van turned up, one of the tiny little ones. Luckily, the guy knew about bikes, and managed to jury rig a power source to get me home. I nearly crashed due to the added weight when I hit diesel on a roundabout, but hey, got home in one piece! We complained about the mistake, got sweet FA done about it. Thankfully the policy was nearly up, so we just left them.

We're now with Britannia, as we got a stonking deal due to me working for the Civil Service for a brief period of time. Even without that discount, I think they still would've been cheaper, and we've been really happy with the service on the one occasion we've had to use them!

I'm glad you got a good result in the end Tsia, but what utter rubbish that you had to go through that hassle to begin with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->