can you cheer me up?

BobDog

In Limbo...
Reaction score
so i have had a bad few days...

i genuinely thought that this was it, this was my time to become a mummy, apparently mother nature is a cruel cruel mama. i'd been getting faint positives on frer / tesco and IC's for 3-4 days then negatives the last 3 days, i have just gotten my blood results back from the doc's and it's negative.
i asked him why i would be getting these positives? he said, and i quote - "I don't know." :shrug: i even took my stash of smelly pee sticks (they were in a ziplock bag so i don't know if they smelled lol) to show him my progression and all he could say was "you have PCOS so my guess is that you have some hormone mimicking the HCG hormone."
i've never heard of that have you?
so now i am upset and angry and feel like i'm not being taken seriously! it's like he treated me like a dog having a phantom pregnancy... firstly, i am not a dog, i am a woman who deserves a little dignity and respect. and secondly if it is a phantom pregnancy then surly i'd have a hell of a lot more symptoms that what i have?

has anyone ever had this happen to you? give me something that'll perk me up a little, DH is home today so i don't want to be on a downer for him coming home :nope:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm afraid I'm not much help but here's lots of hugs for you :hugs:
Some doctors are stupid >.< mine is pretty bad. She told my friend that she had a urine infection when she went to have a pregnancy test done. My friend was like 'But I need a pregnancy test not a urine infection test,' and the doctor said 'then why didn't you just buy one?' and my friend was like, 'because I can get them here for free?' (she couldn't afford to buy them at the time)

Around about the same time I was having pains in the middle of my cycle (realise now it was just O but I didn't think of that then) and got all scared that I might have OV cancer, so I went to the doctor and she sent me to get an Ultrasound and some blood tests done. Well happily everything came back clear, but it didn't explain why I was still in pain. And I said that, and she was like 'What? You're still having pain?' I was thinking What does she think an ultrasound and blood test are miracle cures? And then she said, and I quote 'I don't know what's wrong with you then.'!
Then she grudgingly wrote out a referal to a gynocologist that I didn't even get to see because she was too busy and booked out for most of the year >.<

So, gotta love doctors >.< lol.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::dust::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Oh Jen - Im so sorry :hugs:

Your Dr is totally clueless :growlmad: PCOS can NEVER produce HCG!! That's the most ridiculous thing he could have said! Of course he thinks you are stupid and he is God so he can tell you all sorts of bull**** and you'll just take it.

Any chance of going to another Dr? where about do you live?

I honestly don't know how to cheer you up, because Im CD1 myself and been feeling pretty sorry for myself. Any chance of booking a holiday? Or just go out to a really nice restaurant.

Thinking of you, hun :hugs:

Ah hun I am so sorry. Your doctor sounds like a real A-hole. Has AF arrived? Are you definitely out?

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I'm afraid I'm not much help but here's lots of hugs for you :hugs:
Some doctors are stupid >.< mine is pretty bad. She told my friend that she had a urine infection when she went to have a pregnancy test done. My friend was like 'But I need a pregnancy test not a urine infection test,' and the doctor said 'then why didn't you just buy one?' and my friend was like, 'because I can get them here for free?' (she couldn't afford to buy them at the time)

Around about the same time I was having pains in the middle of my cycle (realise now it was just O but I didn't think of that then) and got all scared that I might have OV cancer, so I went to the doctor and she sent me to get an Ultrasound and some blood tests done. Well happily everything came back clear, but it didn't explain why I was still in pain. And I said that, and she was like 'What? You're still having pain?' I was thinking What does she think an ultrasound and blood test are miracle cures? And then she said, and I quote 'I don't know what's wrong with you then.'!
Then she grudgingly wrote out a referal to a gynocologist that I didn't even get to see because she was too busy and booked out for most of the year >.<

So, gotta love doctors >.< lol.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::dust::hugs::hugs::hugs:

thank you, the hugs are a huge comfort actually... i guess i just needed to vent. mostly i'm just feeling numb about the result, i'm more p**sed off with the dr. i'm just worried that i have had 3 known M/C's and not one positive pregnancy test... :shrug:i just wish that they would open their frigging eyes and see that i am going through stuff and conventional methods are not going to work for me! a scan would reveal so much more but they are not willing to "waste resources" for something they don't see as important, which makes me think... F*CK Y*U!!! *sigh* i just don't have any other options.

Oh Jen - Im so sorry :hugs:

Your Dr is totally clueless :growlmad: PCOS can NEVER produce HCG!! That's the most ridiculous thing he could have said! Of course he thinks you are stupid and he is God so he can tell you all sorts of bull**** and you'll just take it.

Any chance of going to another Dr? where about do you live?

I honestly don't know how to cheer you up, because Im CD1 myself and been feeling pretty sorry for myself. Any chance of booking a holiday? Or just go out to a really nice restaurant.

Thinking of you, hun :hugs:

aw maria i am so sorry the witch got you!! i've changed dr's 3 times already and i've complained to the health board but it seems that this is standard! i live in the western isles of scotland and there are only 2 community doctor surgeries in my area. so i'm not spoilt for choice.

i think we are going out for a meal on saturday as it's the anniversary of our first baby angel loss. so we are going to have a quiet day and go for a walk round the cread and drop daffodils in the river and send them off to our baby.

thank you for the hugs! and i'm sending you lots of :hugs: back to you too.

Ah hun I am so sorry. Your doctor sounds like a real A-hole. Has AF arrived? Are you definitely out?

yeah the last 2 were jerks too... so this is no surprise i guess. no i've not had any hint of AF arriving any time soon. my beta's were 0.1 so i doubt there is any possibility of my being pregnant, however like i said before there is a hormone imbalance where i don't produce the right hormones at the right time so the babies can't stick for long. and the drs wont do anything about that... :shrug:

Oh Jen - Im so sorr about Saturday. And a day before Mothers' day :cry: I welled up when I read your comment :cry:

I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to live with such a loss and still be ttc....Ill be thinking of you on saturday :hugs:

So an sign of af??

My first FS was a total ***hole! He was so arrogant and old-school you know - where doctors are Gods and patients are mere losers. That was until I had a massive go at him, told him I knew more about PCOS and he should never be allowed near women (he was a total womaniser too :growlmad:). Don't think anyone's talked to him that way before so he was very apologetic, etc. Needless to say I never went back. But I live in Sussex where we do have choice so I know Im very lucky

O h Jenbrem sorry u had to go thru that. hugs to u.

MariaF sorry the witch got u. baby dust for this cycle. (i think it will be me on Monday).

God I feel angry for you about your doctor! I don't think regular gps no much about fertility mine certainly doesn't I defo no more than him! been ttc 2 years and he still has not referred me to a fs. he said once dh had had his 3rd sa he might 'consider putting our case forwarding but it depends on funding'.
Some docs are defo idiots. I got really really ill once with strep throat which turned my temp so high I had a fit and was in hospital for 5 days. I had been to my doctor with white lumps all over my throat but my doc just dismissed it as viral thing and did nothing. That next day I was in a and e fitting and they couldnt believe the state of my throat and that he hadnt done anything!!! the fits turned into rhemautic fever and has given me permanent damage in the nerves from my neck to brain which means I still sometimes have small fits!!! all becasue he couldnt be bothered to diagnose me properly.
Its only years later that i wished I had sued hime tho but would have been more trouble than worth really.

Just realised that the above prob won't cheer you up much! but that gorgeous pup in your profile pic should he/she is a little stunner!!! and its good your dh is coming home!x

What is it with these doctors at the moment. I'm so sorry Jen. I was so hoping this was it for you...and not in a mean way, that we would never see your face here again ;)

You have right to be treated like that.

We have no reason to be treated like this.

We just want to have children and to be treated as if we are children ourselves who can't get a candy bar is deplorable.

:hugs: xxx

Oh Jen, I am SO sorry. I am so saddened to read this. You have every right to vent. What a total asshole! Did these Dr.'s forget how to be human? I am hoping that you get to move onto IVF very quickly and get your forever baby. Huge hugs.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"