Can you feel your uterus?

happy02

Reaction score
Can anyone else feel the top of their uterus? Duno how far I am until scan a week weds so tryin to find diff ways to work out how far gone I am ha

Xxx

Often the uterus isn't felt until around 12 weeks but can be earlier with subsequent pregnancies. I can feel mine, at around only 8 weeks it was 6cm above my pubic bone. I don't know how it's possible but I felt last night (only a week later) and it's 10cm above my pubic bone. I don't see how it can grow 4cm in one week but...!!! Anyway so you can't really use that as an indication of how far along you are, it depends on so many things! :)

Can anyone else feel the top of their uterus? Duno how far I am until scan a week weds so tryin to find diff ways to work out how far gone I am ha

Xxx

No I can't, but I've never been good at those things. I don't know what to feel for. I could never do it in my last pregnancy.

I was wondering the same thing...tried to today and couldn't feel it.

I couldn't, but just today I felt and could feel a hard lump, seemed higher up than I thought it would be though :shrug: We shall see, I guess, if that's it!

For those that are wondering, it's hard to explain, but if you just kinda push down into your abdomen just at/above your pubic bone, and sort of roll your fingers up and down, when it's feelable, you can feel this sort of line... like a ridge. That's your uterus :) Right now the line wouldn't be very wide across either, for those that aren't very far along, but of course this expands as you get further along in pregnancy. I've always checked for it and measure myself throughout pregnancy. Once it gets bigger it's way easier to feel for, once you know what to feel for :)

I can feel mine about 2 inches below my belly button and that's where I find my bubs heartbeat in the morning, but I'm also 14 weeks and can feel my baby kicking!

I'm pretty sure I can feel mine and have been for a few weeks. It feels like a hard grapefruit sized thing, with a hard ridge at the top. For me it's about 5-6 cm below my bellybutton now at 11 weeks.

Nope, been trying on occasion though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->