Can you feel your womb and baby when feeling your tummy yet?

HippyMumma23

Reaction score
When I was pregnant with my son if I pressed lightly on my tummy, I could feel the round hardness of my uterus with him inside from about 8 weeks.

(TMI it was MUCH easier to feel after an orgasm, shhhhhh I didnt say that. :shy::shy::shy:)

I discovered it by accident with ds, so I started feeling a little earlier this time, and at 5 weeks I can feel it! So exciting.

Can anyone else feel their little bambino in utero?

I feel something when Im laying on my stomach. It just feels hard from the inside (if that makes sense?) :happydance:

Yes, I was able to feel my uterus on Thursday when I went to my doctor's for a check up. He was feeling my tummy to check for the uterus and when he found it, he showed me where it was and I could feel it too. It gave me a lot of reassurance that I could feel it as it proved to me that everything was growing as it should. I have my 1st scan on Monday so hopefully everything will be fine there too. :)

hippy hun dont mean to be rude or anything but its not the bubs u can feel 100% its way way too early to feel it yet, its tucked way down behind your pubic bone. If you can feel it then your a lot further on thamn 5 weeks, It dont pop till around 12 weeks, there are ladies on here 13 weeks and still not had the pop. Sorry for being so disheartening, but its not the uterus at 5 weeks :(

at 5 weeks your uterus is no bigger then a plum or so from what ive read

mine is plum size at 12 weeks, 5 weeks is an apple seed :) i see it on peoples sig's lol,m hey how u feelinmg devine ? xxx

No thats your baby's size welsh.
:winkwink:

Im 11 weeks pregnant and i've read that my uterus is the size of a large grapefruit.

I'd agree that at 12 weeks the uterus is about the size of a grapefruit...and it's at that time that time that it pops above the pubic bone like welsh princess said... However if your really keen on feeling your uterus getting bigger early you can internally by pushing up on the cervix and pushing down just above your pubic bone... Not something I'm apt to do though. But my uterus is now above my pubic bone anyways... about 2cm above. I imagine it's slightly higher because of the ovarian cyst I have.

Your not being disheartening at all (a little patronising maybe, but I'll skip over that). I know that I can feel my uterus, so nothing to be disheartened about. :D

I just did some research and I am right, it is indeed possible to feel my uterus at this point. I knew I could, what with having a kid so recently before and not forgetting what it feels like.

I don't like it when people make out that Im stupid.

i know what you mean hun, i felt it alot earlier this time.
With my first i was about 13weeks ish, second i was about 12weeks but this time roud i felt it by 7weeks :)

By 12 weeks the uterus is about the size of a grapefruit. It is no longer anteverted and anteflexed and has risen out of the pelvis and become upright. The fundus may be palpated abdominally and above the spymphisis pubis.

I could definately feel the fundus at around 7 weeks. I had to be lying down flat and I gently pressed down on my tummy, working the fingers down from my belly button towards the pubic bone. It was like my tummy was soft, soft, soft ohhhh hard. My uterus "popped" at around 13 weeks which is when I started to show...

Hi hippymumma23 thanx 4 your answers on here, I'm 10 wks pregnant with my 5th baby and I've been sure I can feel my uterus for a couple of weeks now. But have read on here that it's still under pubic bone and you can't feel anything? Also heard heartbeat a few days ago with my doppler and it was definitely ABOVE my pubic bone. So I guess all women are different! Thanx hun.

xxx

I guess everyone is different, my earlier post came from my text book, im a second year student midwife and haven't ever felt a fundus so early on.

Im nearly 13 weeks and having my 3rd child and cant feel anything yet, I think welsh was just giving advice as I have also read its impossible to feel it under 12 weeks.
I dont think she thought you was stupid

Superbecks, I very much hope that you don't feel a patients uterus after she has had an orgasm!

Ive no doubt you can not feel it. But as a 'second year midwife student' you should probably also know that after an orgasm, the uterus contracts. Hence, why I can feel it.

I hope this helps.

Katie, the doctors feel it way before 12 weeks. They can roughly determine how far along you are.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->