Can you freeze homemade puréed fruits and veg?

Yes and it will save you soooooooooo much time. Isaac isn't really eating puree anymore, but when he was, I would cook up a few different varieties, and freeze them, then take them out as needed.

I bought something like these...

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    4.8 KB · Views: 3
Thanks. Off to asda and boots soon so hopefully they'll have something like this :).
Did you defrost in at room temp or in the microwave?

i keep thinking of doing it but never get round to it :-/

i used ot freeze heymans and then just microwave them when they were frozen till they were warm enough for him to eat or just leave it in my bag if we was of out and then by time he wanted it it was defrosted just heated it in jug of water

I defrost mine at room temp normally take it out a few hours before i need it but i have defrosted it in the microwave if i forget to take it out or you could put it in the fridge to defrost the day before.

Mrs Park- Where did you get the trays with lids? I have looked everywhere and can only find ones in mothercare which are a tenner for one! I'm using normal trays covered with cling film at the mo but its a bit rubbish!

I use really cheap normal icecube trays and put them inside freezer bag then just knock the cubes out into the bag and wash the trays (obv once they're frozen) I heat them from frozen, never had a problem doing it that way.

Tor... I've just bought some baby pots from asda.. Little tub things with lids suitable for microwave and freezing. They were only £2 for 4

were just using ordinary bpa free plastic pots with lids lol cheep n chearful

I bought mine from one of our department stores over here. They are bpa free but they weren't cheap... I just looked on the uk eBay site and there are a few there... Just search 'baby food freezer trays'.

If I'm organised I'll take them out before I need them, so they defrost but normally I'm not that organised so I just pop them in the microwave, leave them to sit a few seconds snd give them a really good stir :)

I was given a really good guide to freezing and defrosting when I went to my weaning class. Fruit and veg purees last for 6 months when frozen but if you add babies milk to purée then its reduced to 6 weeks in the freezer so if you are going to add milk then it best to do it after the purees have been defrosted. Freezing saves so much time just write on the bag what it is and the date you froze it and you'll have weeks of food ready to go

I found some silicone ones in the UK for you... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZEAL-SKY...ccessories&hash=item3cbe3a4b05#ht_1869wt_1330

I would recommend these as the hard plastic ones are tricky to get the food out and I've often said to DH, someone should invent silicone ones (not knowing someone already had :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->