• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Can you get pregnant dtd 3-4 days before ovulation??

blondebabe

Reaction score
My DH and I dtd on Friday evening... I am on day peak 2 of my monitor...
So does that mean I will ovulate today ? I hope so because I've had ewcm for 4-5 days including a little this morning? And do you reckon that even if I do ovulate the sperms will actually stay alive till then?

I'm not very hopeful ATM we are trying for a girl so I'm hoping this is a good amount of days before ovulation but tempted to just dtd anyways cuz I want make doubly sure we get pregnant this cycle because I can't stand waiting another 6 weeks cuz my cycles are so long ah what do I do :( xx

The chances of conceiving a girl is 50:50. Timing ovulation is based on Shettles which was disproved. Shettles looked at sperm through a microscope and saw two different types, one bigger than the other and hypothesised that the larger were X and therefore slower with more longevity and the Y were quicker and more delicate. Once better information was available is was found that these different sizes of sperm were actually in different stages of development, and both larger and smaller sperms contained both X and Y chromosomes.

Sperm can live for several days, but 2 days is more common.

I think sperm lives for approx 3 days bedding every other day is adviced good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"