Can you go abroad when pregnant?

LovelyAim

Reaction score
Hey guys was really looking forward to going on a nice relaxing holiday for my birthday which is July 14th, which by then ill be 28 weeks pregnant.
Would I still be ok to travel?

Ill be 12 weeks when I fly from australia to usa. The longest flight is 13-14 hours. The doctor has given me a list of "rules". Depending on where you go and for how long I'd imagine its ok, just ask your doctor what to do if you are flying and read up on foods and water abroad as some may not be safe for you to consume (ie thailand or indonesia water). As long as its planned and discuSsed with your doctor it may be fine.

Where are you hopin to go?

Hi, in my experience yes. You'll need to check the rules of the airline you fly with- some ask that after 28 weeks you have a letter from your MW or doctor confirming your pregnancy is low risk and you're safe to fly. Others allow you to fly, no letter until later. I went away when I was 28 weeks and wasn't asked for a letter although it was supposedly my airlines policy.

I'd think so yeah. Perhaps mention to your mw and see what she says.

I was looking at Cyprus for a nice holiday, been there before and had such a lovely time, i like places with history, ok thankyou everyone, I'll just ask the midwife before booking any holidays :)
Tbh I'd love to go to Australia, America, Mexico♡

You should be okay. We're going to Tunisia when I'll be approx 24 weeks.

Most airlines will fly u no bother if u return by 28 weeks. After that you are likely to need a fit to fly letter which you won't get if any complications pop up.
Make sure you get decent travel insurance xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->