Can you go in a jacuzzi when you're pregnant?

Louppey

Reaction score
I know if you could it wouldn't be for long, or it's a no if it's too hot... But are you allowed in one?

Don't know if i'm being stupid or not asking :haha:

I'm sure I've read that jucuzzi's aren't a good idea during pregnancy because of the high temp. I'm sure thats only during the 1st trimester though as the change in your temp can harm the baby. I think you prob could after the 1st trimester but it might make you feel dizzy or faint!

I personally wouldn't - it does say on the warning etc at my gym's jacuzzi that pregnant women should not use it so I just danlge my legs in if my friends go in. xxx

I was thinking about this myself as was researching some holidays. I think the two things you have to think about is water temperature and how forceful are the jet streams. If both are mild then I think it should be ok. Not an expert though. :)

Yeah they are both mild. I mean it's called a jacuzzi but it's more like bath temp & no real strong jets cause it's massive. But hey ho! Will just dangle my legs in just in case.

I was holiday when i was 9 weeks and we went for massages at the spa and stuff but they told i couldnt use jacuzzi/ steam room/ sauna because of heat. I didnt chance it, was to scared of cooking the baby :/

Yeah babies in the womb are unable to regulate their own temperature - we can sweat it out if we get too hot or whatever but they can't, which is why it's dangerous. xx

Just remembered, we bought this Babyliss bubble jet years ago when I was pregnant with my first as I had a really bad back towards the end of my pregnancy -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/BaByliss-8059U-Quiet-Bubble-Jet/dp/B0000YVFZK

Well I only just googled in several reviews you're not really meant to use it! Don't remember anything in the instructions about it at the time. To be honest I don't see why it's a problem, the bubbles were going onto my back only as you put it at the bottom of the bath, plus you can have different settings for the strength of the bubbles. And it definitely helped relieve my back ache.
Does anyone else use this while they are expecting as I was thinking of getting it out and using it again as my bump is getting too big for my dates and I'm suffering again with back ache??

I would love to go into a hot tub but as the others say its a big no no in pregnancy incase the babe overheats.... dip your legs in and you will be fine.

Its not just because of you overheating. Going in a jacuzi incourages blood to go to your skin and takes it away from the baby.

Just to be safe, I have stayed out of ours. There is always next year to enjoy it.

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2402.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=131

this link may help you decide!!! x i deffo wudnt go in one buts thats just me

Apparently its the eqivilent of poaching your baby, my other half booked a trip away for us and i got all excited that there was one and couldnt use it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"