• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Can you have a positive OTK and not ovulate?

louliz

Reaction score
I am getting a positive result on my ovulation test kit very month since coming off microgynon 30 (2 cycles) but I've been told that you ca have a psoitive result and not O. Is this true? :confused:

I am getting a positive result on my ovulation test kit very month since coming off microgynon 30 (2 cycles) but I've been told that you ca have a psoitive result and not O. Is this true? :confused:

Unfortunately it is true. I am having three days positive now of OPKs (anytime of day it seems) and without a confirmed temperature rise over coverline that persists, I guess I can't say that I have ovulated and it stinks! :nope:

Oh jesus yes.

I had multiple DARK positive OPKs after stopping birth control and blood test confirmed no ovulation every time. I didnt ovulate/get AF until I was prescribed provera and clomid.

Oh jesus yes.

I had multiple DARK positive OPKs after stopping birth control and blood test confirmed no ovulation every time. I didnt ovulate/get AF until I was prescribed provera and clomid.

Not trying to hijack your thread but :cry:... This is my worst fear.

Thank you ladies. I am still getting my af - so do you think I may be ovulating? I haven't begun doing temps yet as I promised myself (and OH) that we would be relaxed about trying - I haven't been able to maintain this though lol

Wow, I didn't know this! I think this next cycle I am going to BD a lot more than usual just to play it safe. That kinda makes me anxious :wacko:

Thank you ladies. I am still getting my af - so do you think I may be ovulating? I haven't begun doing temps yet as I promised myself (and OH) that we would be relaxed about trying - I haven't been able to maintain this though lol

See that is where I am confused. If you have regular periods it should still mean that you are ovulalting right? Temping does help but I have to admit - I almost wish I wasn't.

BDing then hoping it turns out in pregnancy is so much more exciting when you are oblivious to temping. Opposed to BDing and being disappointed the whole TWW when you are temping daily and there is no temp rise. It is taking the fun and hope out of it all! :nope:

Yes sadly you can have +OPK's and not ovulate. I just started using them last month and got one day of positive then back to negative and I have a regular 24-26 day cycle. I am going to start temping this month to confirm O. TTC really shouldn't have to be so hard or scientific, ugh!

Yes sadly you can have +OPK's and not ovulate. I just started using them last month and got one day of positive then back to negative and I have a regular 24-26 day cycle. I am going to start temping this month to confirm O. TTC really shouldn't have to be so hard or scientific, ugh!

Sorry for my ignorance but for how many days should you get a +OPK? I just stop once I get the +ive as I know around what day I am supposed to O so I just test on that day and it's been +ive

it depends on your cycle, I got my + on CD13. I tested for a couple days after my + just to make sure they were negative. If you normally have a long cycle you would O later most likely.

I'm sorry I think I read your question wrong lol. I only had a positive for one day but some women have positives for a couple days straight.

Sometimes you can gear up to ovulate and have a positive opk but fail. Sometimes a few days later it may become positive again and can or can not release the egg. You can have regular cycles and not ovulate. So even after u get a positive, don't stop BD after. Women with regular ovulatory cycles can mess up a few times a year. Also, I was told this morning do not use first urine and stay hydrated or concentrated urine will give you a false positive.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I willl begin bb temping soon but I have some other issues I need to sort out first.

See that is where I am confused. If you have regular periods it should still mean that you are ovulalting right? Temping does help but I have to admit - I almost wish I wasn't.

BDing then hoping it turns out in pregnancy is so much more exciting when you are oblivious to temping. Opposed to BDing and being disappointed the whole TWW when you are temping daily and there is no temp rise. It is taking the fun and hope out of it all! :nope:

Not necessarily. A woman could potentially have anovulatory cycles and STILL be regular. QUITE rare. Have only seen one woman have this happen to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"