Can you help a novice?

1308emma

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I used baby and a bump as support through my first pregnancy and through the daunting first few months if Noah's life.

I'm now trying to conceive baby number 2. We haven't been using contraception since January and have been using an ovulation calculator to help keep track of dates and cycle.

I'm starting to get very frustrated and upset and have now decided to take a more 'scientific' approach to getting pregnant!

I've started looking at this forum to help and I'm getting very confused!!

So! Can you guys help me with some of the Jagon used related to ttc? (TTC is the only one I understand!!)

I have ordered Some clearblue ovulation kits and a thermometer to test however I've no idea what to do next...

When do I start using the tests?
What should happen to my temperature when I'm ovulating?

It's so confusing and I feel lost!!

Thanks for reading xxxx

my experience is that the more you "try" the harder it is, try and let go a bit and relax with it (easier said than done I no!) god luck xxx

I used the Clearblue Fertility Monitor and got pregnant right away last time, will be doing the same thing for baby #2. It sometimes takes longer and that is what I am afraid of too...since we conceived so fast the last time!

I was very scientific about it last time and again this time TTC, it feeds the geek in me :haha:

Here's what I do, everyone does it a bit differently...

- use fertility friend to chart and log all the info (it's free)
- take temp every morning around same time upon waking before getting up or doing anything (you will have a sustained temp rise after Ov but FF will work all that out for you)
- take an opk (ovulation test) at 4pm every day from CD8 (cycle day 8, CD1 being the first day of your AF (period)) until ovulation is detected by fertility friend
- i also check cp (cervial position) and cm (cervical mucus) as this is a good indicator but depends on how squeamish you are :haha:

Good luck :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->