Can you opt for a C-section if had one before?

Little G

Reaction score
Hey ladies

Im just wondering what the general rule about this is, I had an absolute awful time with DD, I went into labour on the sunday and never had her till the tuesday, in the end was an emergency section. I asked the doctor about it today and he said it depends, they might make me trial labour! I blinking hope not, the thought of going through that again terrify's me!
I hope the midwife has a different answer for me!:cry:

xxx

I know where I delivered, you can just get a repeat c-sec. I think it's like that in most? places, but it could be different policies when across the ocean though.

Here in Canada you are automatically offered a c-section if you've had one previously. Of course you can decline and say you want to attempt a natural birth, but the option is always there. I think it's because there is a small risk of uterine rupture associated with vaginal birth after c-section.

Here in Canada you are automatically offered a c-section if you've had one previously. Of course you can decline and say you want to attempt a natural birth, but the option is always there. I think it's because there is a small risk of uterine rupture associated with vaginal birth after c-section.

Ahhh, that makes me feel a bit better, hopefully it will be the case here too. Worrying already and no-one even near labour yet, just my experience the last time was enough to put me of even trying natural birth again.

xx

Think it's the norm in the UK. I had section first time so you are automatically referred to a consultant and will have chance to discuss whether you want elective section or chance of natural. It's your choice. I opted for natural but looks like my section will be at 40+4 because cervix is clamped shut (again!)

that really puts my mind at ease then, I was constantly vomiting every time i got a contraction, once admitted to the labour ward ( first time i got turned away! :growlmad:) it turned out i was 8cm dilated! but my heart rate and babies heart rate were high so I was put onto a ecg, and I was seriously de-hydrated. After about 12hrs I still wasnt progressing so they sectioned me, was just a complete nightmare tbh so having a section this time would be a blessing as dont think i could go through the same again.

where I live if you've had one c section before they do offer you another one but if you insist on a vbac they might allow depending, they may not let you go overdue and they'll never induce. my aunt attempted a vbac with her 2nd but it didn't progress and she had another c section.

if you've had more than one c section then you pretty much only have c sections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->