• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Can you ovulate twice in a cycle?

mummytobe_93

Reaction score
This cycle I used opks and ovulated I also felt like I was ovulating we dtd. I am now late and used opks again which were positive some people told me that opks can detect pregnancy too but I have done hpts which were negative. I had been spotting and felt crampy (same as what I feel around ovulation and period) I never came on. So now it's got me thinking that I could have ovulated twice or at least my body thinks it has ovulated twice? The opks were getting darker and now I don't have two lines on them so I don't think it's the rise of hormones before my period. Usually my periods vary from 28-34 days usually around 31-32 days.

Does anyone have an insight as to what could be the problem? I also have one baby that I conceived straight away (we aren't actually trying at the moment we will be trying in January but want to keep track of ovulation to make it easier when the time comes) thanks

No you will never ovulate twice. Lh is always present in your blood stream and can be detected at all times of your cycle. The lh peak, indicating ovulation is ONLY the 1st positive that is equal to or darker than the control line. This is very important. Lh will rise and fall in a cycle and the lh you detect with faint test lines is simply the lh "gearing up" for ovulation. Once that positive hits you will ovulate within 36 hrs. Doing the deed before ovulation is the best way to get pregnant since it takes 10 hours for the sperm to travel there. Its best to have a built up amount of sperm for the emerging egg. After the positive you can read lh on a test for several days after, and it can vary in color and hue on the test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"