Can you recommend me a carrier?

nicki01

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I have a carrier for Charlie had it since she was born, she hated it when she was little but we tried her in it a few weeks back and she loved it as she could see everything!
The only problem is that the one we have is from birth to 10kg. Charlie was 8kg 6 weeks ago so she is probably over that now. We had to squeeze her in it last time lol!
I really want another, its my OH who uses it and doesnt really like the idea of a wrap.

Does anyone know of a carrier for bigger/older babies?:shrug:

Thanks. x

The Ergo is a great carrier! You can use it as long as you want really!

I had a baby b'jorn and it was unrealistic to use as a long-term carrier, it started hurting when he was gaining weight. The ergo is just great. I recommend it to everyone.

We have an Ergo and both my girls LOVE it. My 4 month old falls fast asleep in it, and my 22 month old begs to go in it.

I love the ergo, but I really, really love mei tai carriers as well!

Here's another vote for the ergo. My LO is now 6 months and a good sized baby at 21 lbs but i can pop him on my back and carry him about in the ergo easily (and Im really unfit and not strong at all!!)

A nice mum i met on holiday let me try her one for an afternoon to see if it suited as i was reluctant to buy before trying due to the price but im so glad we have it.

It also keeps his hips in a good position, unlike a lot of carriers you can buy in shops, which was important to us as my LO had hip dysplasia.

I love it !!

I would also recommend the Ergo :D mine is one of the best purchases I've made for my LO.

I have a Rose and Rebellion, like a Ergo it carriers your LO like you would be holding them but it comes in nice designs which won it over for me

I love beco gemini, can't feel the weight at all and it gies up to 35 pounds. You can also do back and hip carry.

you could try a boba i use on and dh loves it or theres the babyhawk you can get them as a mei tai or a soft structured carier ( the oh snap range) or manduca is apparently really good. but bobas are great for older babies and toddlers i put my 15 month old in it and my dd who is nearly in it and i dont actully notice to much diffence in carying either of them

Thanks ladies! Wasnt really aware that there were so many about!!

Im looking at ergo or Mei Tai?

Can both of these be worn on the front with baby facing outwards??

The Mai tai looks like a cheaper option but is it as comfy for parent and baby as the ergo? Never thought it would be such a difficult decision! lol. We wont be using it all the time but obviously will be keeping it for the next baby im just stuck on which one!!

Thanks ladies! Wasnt really aware that there were so many about!!

Im looking at ergo or Mei Tai?

Can both of these be worn on the front with baby facing outwards??

The Mai tai looks like a cheaper option but is it as comfy for parent and baby as the ergo? Never thought it would be such a difficult decision! lol. We wont be using it all the time but obviously will be keeping it for the next baby im just stuck on which one!!

cant face bub outwards with them as its not good for the hips or back heres a link about it https://www.babywearingadvice.co.uk/anatomy.htm mei tais are cheaper but i find them much better on my back than a soft structured carier tho my husband loves the boba i like my mei tais and wraps

I have the Mei tai (baby hawk) and it's briliant! Baby can only face you.

Don't get a wilkinet, total joke to put on as you have to tie it, rubbish and total waste of £40!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"