can you UK mummies recommend me a highchair

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by WANBMUM, Oct 1, 2013.

1. WANBMUM

WANBMUM I am a mama

which do you recommend? dont some have like massive bottoms?
    Is adjustable height a must in your opinion?
    For those with a basket, what do you put in there lol

2. felix555

felix555 Well-Known Member

Ah yes stalking! I was just looking at them today too and wondered about the basket.

3. Banshee

Banshee Mother of 2 boys

The ikea antilop is my fav. I had a wooden east coast chair with ds1 and it was a right pain to clean. The antilop is a good height, good size tray and dead easy to clean, and it's really cheap.

4. Becky1987

Becky1987 Well-Known Member

I also have the antilop. £12 for the highchair and £4 for the tray. You can't go wrong! Seriously my best and cheapest baby item!

5. Pixie19

Pixie19 Mummy to Logan

6. Katerpillar

Katerpillar Mammy to 1 cheeky monkey!

We bought the Owl highchair from Mothercare - far too bulky and a general pain to use.

Gave it to my MIL and went out and bought the Antilop from Ikea - cheap, cheerful, does the job perfectly! :thumbup:

7. WANBMUM

WANBMUM I am a mama

ah ok inreresting. all saying the antilop so far.
    is it mad I wanted to get something padded and soft and cosy?
    do your kids spend alot of time in them? I guess they are in,fed and out or do they sit/ play

ps ur little man is adorable!

8. Katerpillar

Katerpillar Mammy to 1 cheeky monkey!

Not mad at all - that was exactly what I wanted for my LO! But it was more of a faff to clean than anything else with things getting stuck in the creases! She still uses it when we go to MILs

The look of the Antilop really put me off but turns out my LO loves it! I put her in there sometimes when I'm cleaning the kitchen an she will play with her toys in there or more like whack them off the side! :haha: She doesn't look uncomfortable in any way.

There are many other makes out there though so if a padded one is what you're after I'm sure others will pop up with some recommendations!

9. Indi84

Indi84 Well-Known Member

I have the mamas and papas pixi and I love it. Very easy to clean, folds really small, lo.sits really well in it. I borrowed a padded type one from my mum, nightmare to clean!

10. cocosianelle

cocosianelle Well-Known Member

We have the cosatto 3sixti and although we haven't used it it's got really good reviews and I'm a sucker for cosatto stuff :(

It tends to be on offer at amazon a lot of the time, think we paid about £70ish for it.

11. felix555

felix555 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I am going to get one of these on the weekend!

I don't have an IKEA near me and I like the look of this one and that you can turn it into a low chair.

Your little batman is adorable :)

12. mhazzab

mhazzab Well-Known Member

I have the chicco happy snacks and would definitely
    buy it again.

Personally I wouldn't bother looking for one with a basket, great idea but all it does is catch food which you then have to clean out!
    Definitely recommend one with a plastic bit between the legs...essential to keep my LO upright in the early days and even now at 15mths when we eat out we struggle to keep her sitting properly if the chair doesn't have that bit.

If you go for padded I would also look for one where you can wash seat cover and straps.

And a removable tray is a must for me too, It's easy to empty and clean at sink.

These were the things I have found necessary over time and thankfully the highchair I bought fits the bill.

Bit of an essay there lol x

13. keese22

keese22 Well-Known Member

We have an antilop. It's not too bulky, easy to clean and cheap!

14. MiniKiwi

MiniKiwi Well-Known Member

Yah another vote for antilop. They're so cheap and easy to clean. If you don't mind spending money though, I'd get a Tripp Trapp (or a cheaper knock off) as they look good, convert to a toddler/child chair, pull up to the table, easy to clean etc.

15. Sparrow85

Sparrow85 Well-Known Member

I have this one:

https://www.johnlewis.com/joie-mimzy-snacker-highchair/p231812588

I love it. The height doesn't adjust, but I've never found it a problem. I usually sit when I'm feeding him anyway. It has 3 recline positions but my favourite, is how compact it is when it is folded. It is amazing and just folds and sits neatly in the corner of the kitchen. So easy to fold up and down too.

16. charlie15

charlie15 Well-Known Member

We have the cossato noodle high chair and I love it. It is padded but I don't find it hard to clean, the padding also comes off so easy to give a thorough clean every now and then as well as the straps. It is foldable which we needed for space and it is height adjustable with a massive table, great for BLW. However when we were away the place we stayed at had the antilop and I loved it, easy to clean, no nonsense high chair. The only reason I would not buy it is as it doesn't fold and we would have no where to put it. Also I am nit sure if it is height adjustable? Someone here who has it would know, I don't remember.

17. Bean66

Bean66 Proud Mummy!!

Love the Ikeq one. It's perfect for BLW. They also deliver it.

18. WANBMUM

WANBMUM I am a mama

woo thanks guys. i am going to have a look at them all.
    I also had my eye on the 3sixty and the noodle.
    is the base of the noodle massive? or neat enough?

19. Pixie19

Pixie19 Mummy to Logan

Thats the reason we chose this one over the IKEA Antilop :thumbup:
    Thankyou :flower: