Cancelled Great Adventure

Chris77

Mommy to PJ and Gavin
Reaction score
Well, I officially cancelled my trip to Great Adventure this Saturday. Being in the 2ww, I'm just not comfortable with it at all. :nope: :nope: Chances are it would be completely fine and not harm sweet pea if we managed to conceive, but I just don't want to take that chance. Going on bumpy roller coasters all day long is a bit different than having a glass of wine! And I want to make sure sweet pea has a nice easy going and strong implant! Back when I told everyone I would go, I miscalculated my dates and thought I'd have AF by then or definitely know for sure whether I was pg or not. :dohh: I'm going to have to come up with a very good excuse now because my SIL is also going and she doesn't know we're TTC (and has made it quite clear to me that 'I shouldn't be trying anytime soon') So if anyone has any suggestions on what I can say, please let me know!

SMART MOVE! Going to Great Adventure is one of the things I was determined to do between having my natural m/c in mid-July and TTC in late August. I rode WAY to many rollercoasters (something I had not done in 20 years!). I think you will find the peace of mind you have will definitely make it all worthwhile when you get your :bfp: this month!

Say you have a stomach bug and don't want to be throwing up!! Or just ring up in the morning and said you had a dodgy meal the night before and can't stay away from the toilet!

:rofl: That would work if I just didn't e-mail everyone to say I'm not going :dohh: DH's cousin was going to buy fastpass ahead of time and wanted to make sure she didn't buy one for me.

Now, SIL e-mailed me back and is asking why I can't go! :dohh: Haven't responded yet lol Quite the situation I just put myself in. :dohh:

Hmmm...yeah, it's harder when you don't cancel last-minute. How about an old friend is unexpectedly visiting from out-of-town that you want to see??? Me, personally, I would just tell her I changed my mind about going. Simple as that.

Ignore whatever she says about you or whether she thinks you "shouldn't start trying anytime soon", it's YOUR body! I understand why you're hesitant to tell her though, we haven't told many people as i don't want to see or hear their negative reactions.

Good on you for being so aware and cancelling the trip! It'll pay off when you have a nice sticky bean :), not sure what you can say though lol..

Good luck xx

Chris...I actually drive by Great Adventure every day on my way to/from work!

Tell her you don't feel up to it, think you're coming down with something and don't wanna waste money pre-booking when you'll probs be ill on the day.

Aww, shame, but a BFP would be WAYYYY better than any day out riding rollercoasters!!!!

Tell her you don't feel up to it, think you're coming down with something and don't wanna waste money pre-booking when you'll probs be ill on the day.

OOoooohh good one! Thanks! I was also in school (but have since dropped out) but don't think SIL knows that - so I can claim an unexpected exam!! :D

You have to do what you feel comfortable with. I hate when people ask me "why?" Especially when it's a secret. :wink: I really hope you get your :bfp: I still have to wait a little longer, so if you get yours, I can live through you. :rofl:

Well, I know it stinks that you must cancel your plans, but you must listen to your heart. If you truly feel you should not go, then you cannot go. Good Luck on getting your BFP this month!

Thanks ladies - well spoke with DH and we're going with this story: "We're trying to save money and since I've already went this year, I'm good and don't really need to go back." DH asked me if I minded if he still went and I said that I didn't mind at all if he went. So, that gives me a day all to myself :happydance: I'm going to go shopping!!!! :happydance:

I feel really silly for not going though, but oh well, after a few purchases I'll get over it! :rofl: And even if I turn out to not be pregnant this month, I didnt' lose out on much b/c I still got a day to shop and watch horror movies all day! ( a rarity now) :happydance: It's also Pet Adoption Day in our hometown so maybe I can convince the FIL to adopt another dog. :rofl: :rofl:

<~~~~such a bad influence! :rofl:

maybe you could say u think you may be pregnant, she doesnt have to know ur trying. u could tell her u had a 'contraception mishap' lol u wouldnt really be lying then jus being economical with the truth lol

maybe you could say u think you may be pregnant, she doesnt have to know ur trying. u could tell her u had a 'contraception mishap' lol u wouldnt really be lying then jus being economical with the truth lol

:rofl::rofl: Yeah, I thought about that and suggested it but DH doesn't want to hear his sister's mouth. :rofl: Both MIL & SIL are quite difficult and we just want to tell MIL & SIL about it when it's already happened and there's nothing they can do. :rofl: Just like when we got married DH didn't tell MIL that we weren't getting married by a Catholic priest until the day of the wedding. :rofl: :rofl:

That's right! There's nothing that a little retail therapy can't cure!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->