Cancer (Sorry Long)

Suz

~ I are a Nerd ~
Reaction score
I am not trying to be a BIG DOWNER! I just needed to post this because I love you all and wish good health on everyone.

By best friend found out that she has Colon Cancer. She is only 33 years old. This cancer is in advanced stages. She went to the doctors only because she had pains in her side. That is how they found out. I found this quick blurb on the web......

"It's best to get regular screenings rather than rely on symptoms to alert you to the presence of cancer. This is because colorectal cancer can grow for years before causing any symptoms. But, knowing what to look out for can't hurt. If you have any of the following symptoms for more than about a week, please talk to a doctor about getting screened for colorectal cancer."

I always thought you check yourself out for this when you are in your 50's. This cancer is in the late stages of my friend and has already spread to her liver and lungs.

I know that this is a grim topic to post, but I am very fond of you all and wanted you to be aware of this form of cancer.

I pray for my friend every day and ask for you to keep her in your thoughts. There is a very long road ahead of her.

With this said, I also would like to remind the ladies to visit their OBGYN and get paps on a regular basis. I also lost a friend a few months ago because she did not get regular paps and passed from Ovarian cancer.

Please stay healthy,

Love Suz :hugs:

:hugs: im so sorry to hear about your friend hun, i will keep her in my thoughts.

xxx

sorry about your friend{{{{{hugs}}}} i was speaking to an americangirl the other day and she couldnt belive how big a gap we have between our smears its every 3 years here and i know its more often in the usa

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. it brings tears to my eyes, my mum has had her own personal battle with breast cancer. It's very traumatic.

Hope you are ok, keep your chin up hun xx :lol:

i'm very sorry ot hear about your friend :hugs:

my dad had bowel cancer and had to have part of his intestines removed, my family aren't best at sharing and talking about stuff and i'd moved out so i was out of the loop for most of his treatment . he pretended like nothing was wrong and i didn't want to bother him with questions. then he went in for his op and mum and my sister saw him and i went to visit the following da, i couldn't understand why my sister wanted to go with me and was asking if i was sure! then i went in an he was a mess, so pale, tubes everywhere looked like one of those little old me you see on the news getting a telegram for their 100 b'day. this hit me hard, the week before he was my dad, big 6'4'' marathon running prison gov, indistructable dad. now he could barly talk and was throwing up over himself. anyways he gradually got fit again and is back to normal but now we talk more and theres a bond we never had before. hes about 5 years and all clear now which is great!

found out last week my uncle(dads bro) has cancer in the same area, he's in france and will be haveing radiothrapy the shrink it before they operate.
can't help thinking one case is bad luck, two in a family is genetic. i'm next! makes me think i'v got to make the most of coby and not have to have cancer to make us closer. He's going to have to be close to me like it or not lol

good grief i didn't realise i had to let all that out :oops:
sorry to hijack your thread, i genuinly wish your freind the best and you all good health

:hugs: my thoughts will be with u and ur friend suz.
xx

Aw Suz :hugs: So sorry to hear about your friend. Will be thinking about you both.

H

xx

Thanks for Sharing Jase. It is good to hear the survival stories. :hugs:

Suz said:
Thanks for Sharing Jase. It is good to hear the survival stories. :hugs:

s'ok i didn't realise it had bothered me so much tilll i started typing! its not all doom and glum though so you and your mate hang in there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->