cannot stomache food, esp dinner time. advice please??

ProudMum

Reaction score
Hi girls,
I need some advice on eating...
so far all im able to eat is breakfast and lunch, when it comes to dinner time thats it, im sick to my stomache.
The smell of food, the thought of food, the look of it... it makes me ill.
I have been eating small portions of mash potatoe with cheese mixed in for the last 3 days.
yesterday I was sat playing on the floor with my son and saw a plastic fried egg, that set me off too... it wasnt even real lol
I wont even open the fridge door.

no real advice just emphathy for your situation as that's when I go off food too. Husband has lost about 3kgs since I fell pregnant lol!! I just can't stomach dinner so usually I'll resort to eating a piece of toast or plain rice (I'm not kidding, just to fill a void). It's hard though because if you have a family life goes on and your kids can't starve! :p

Wish I could help but just wanted to say I know exactly where you are coming from! :hugs:

I empathise too. I suffered with evening sickness, and from week 6-13 I struggled to keep down anything that I ate after 5 o'clock. I just tried to eat more before that time and in the evening if I couldn't face what hubby was having for dinner, I ate whatever I felt like eating. I lost 8lbs.

Good news is that it does go again (I'm almost 15 wks). I am feeling so much better! Have only been sick 3 times in last 2 weeks. Now I have to start to eat sensibly again though! No more substituting a good meal with a bag of Monster Munch and a can of coke!

When I felt sick at night going to bed, I used to prop myself up with loads of pillows so I wasn't lying down flat. Helped me anyway!

Hope yours passes sooner rather than later!! :winkwink:

It is happening exactly the same with me too. What helps me is some Coca-cola, just two sips and then i start to eat something very light, like salad and cheese.

I'm suffering the other way round. I cant stomach breakfast or lunch, cant even open the fridge!! If I do eat it just comes back up. Come late afternoon im ok again.....very strange.

my fridge is very un interesting and bare looking becausse i havent been able to go in it much for this past 2 wks... when i do go in ive had to such my eyes and hold my breath lol how pathetic :) However - since yesterday i feel great and have been eating without bolking or being sick...

Since ur eating lunch and breakfast id advise not to eat a dinner if u cant bring urself to do so, no point making urself suffer or be sick... try find something that u can lightly snack on around dinner time and have a nice big breakfast and lunch to start ur day.

Hope it gets easier for u soon. Ive found eating a jelly sweet is good for when i start to feel sick - dont know why !! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->