• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Can't beleive my midwife!!!

Laura85

Mummy to 1 & Expecting!!
Reaction score
I had midwife yesterday.

As i was laid on doctors couch for her to check heart beat and baby position etc.. Midwife was checking and timing baby's heart beat and she said to me 'is it a boy or a girl'... at which i replied 'we don't know, as we didn't WANT too... :cloud9:

She then blurted out 'we'll i'd say it's a boy'!!!! :hissy::hissy:

I've heard that you can tell the sex from the speed of the heart beat, and seen as though she said that after she listened to the heart beat.. I'm guessing she's right??? :hissy: :cry:

So now I'm totally convinced that i'm having a boy, even called Flump HE yesterday, which I've never done and been so certain! :hissy::cry::dohh:

I kinda thought I was having a boy any ways, as everyone say's i'm carrying like a boy, even though no-one can tell for sure as everyone carries different.

But I'm guessing that because she's a experienced medical proffesional that she's right??? And i really didn't want to know! :cry::hissy:

Not really sure what to do now?? We've come this far only to have some one ruin it! :cry::cry:

Laura and Flumpity Flump.
xxxx

im sorry to hear that, some people just dont listen when your talking to them. thats one thing that really annoys me. ive heard that the heartbeat theory is just an old wives tale, and that its not really true. im having a boy and his heart rate has ranged anywhere from the 120's all the way to the 160's.....so i really doubt they can tell based just on the heart rate. some people just ruin everything dont they......

i know someone who was on team yellow, every week practically the MWs changed their minds on what sex they thought it was!! dont read too much into it hun xx

I got told by my midwife that the baby's heart beat was like a boys... but we're having a little girl! Don't read too much into it!

Thanks guys, you've really eased my worry.

I just didn't want to know and felt like she'd told me. :cry:

xxxx

She shouldnt of said anything....as you have only 18days to go she should know that if you dont know wot your havin by now you prob dont want to know!
There is still a 50/50 chance...you never know everyone could be wrong!
all my friends and family thought i was havin a boy so i was convinced then i had a 4d scan and she told me i was havin a girl 100% i was shocked and 2 tell you the truth that was 4/5weeks ago and it stil hasnt sunk in!
Just look forward to having :hugs: from your baby (flump) lol Not long now!!
x

My boys heartbeat is in the girls range. He even looks like a girl, poor sod lol!

Don't read in to it too much!

what a lotta rubbish :D all babies and how they are carried are different... just like the mother and her muscle tones are different too! if they could tell like that then why bother offering sex scans? maybe she was just trying to make conversation, i wouldn't worry! :D

xXx

Theres absolutely no way of telling from a heartbeat, its an old midwives tale! xxx

Hun if thats right i have alot of pink stuff to return! lol We're having a girl but since we've had our doppler its always shown a "boys" heart rate. Dont worry yourself, i wouldnt listen to her xxx

I wouldn't worry - my midwives can never fully decide on anything and are always contradicting each other!

Oh gosh what a horrbile MW! They cant help themselves can they.

Don't worry too much about it, her guess is no better than the old lady on the street who says she 'knows' it's a girl lol. Heart rates don't mean anything, my friend's 2 boys both had high girls rates. Mine's is always around 155-160 so my midwife said thats the heartrate of a girl, but no one can really tell.

I agree with the other girls, a load of rubbish, all four of my children's heartbeats sounded the same, and all four were between 120-180. One boy and three girls x

All my kids had a heart beat around 150s... I am having a boy this time and still the same.

She's just guessing like anyone who looks at your belly and says it's a boy or girl. My first son his HR was always in the 160s or higher, and this one has been between 135 and 148 every time they've timed them. I've had 3 ultrasounds with every technician saying boy and the last lady was VERY sure lol

Don't read anything into it hon she was probably just guessing and really the heart beat thing isn't proven at all. it'll still be a surprise cos know body knows anything for sure. My friend was told she was having a girl via scan and it turned out to be a little boy anyway!!!! So how she can say for sure is beyond anyones powers. :hugs:

I'd take it with a grain of salt. She only has a 50% chance of being right anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"