Can't Believe I'm Here!

Whiteandblack

Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm not new to B&B, but I'm certainly new to the pregnancy forums! Partner and I have been TTC for about 16 months now, and I finally got my bfp yesterday (two digis and one FRER). I was totally shocked and wanted to be excited but, like many of us, I internet too much and was apprehensive, immediately started to worry about all that could go wrong, etc.

I didn't sleep last night what with all of the mixed emotions! But I've been trying to think positive and be happy. This morning I took another FRER (I know, I'm psycho) and the test line was nice and dark, which definitely helped me feel a little more at ease.

This is just so exciting and my partner and I have been wanting it for such a long time, just like so many of us here at B&B. I really thought it would never happen.

So anyway, my best guess is I'm around 3-4 weeks. I scheduled an appt w my regular doctor on Monday morning.

I figured this would be a good place to hang out until things start to become more "official", if you want to call it that. Also would like to avoid driving my partner up the wall with random Googling, going over statistics, etc.

Anyway that's me. Anyone in a similar spot/had similar experiences/has positive vibes to send my way, that would rock. :hugs: Looking forward to getting to know you all.

In similar situations! You can see all the fun I've had in my signature. I still can't believe it. I tested again today (got bfp yesterday) and it is darker. So that's good. Think I need to step away from the HPTs!! Congrats!

Congrats!! My husband and I were TTC for 6 years with 2 miscarriages before I got pregnant with my daughter (born 12/12/12), and now I'm pregnant with #2. STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE!! Haha. Easier said than done I know. I was a mess when I was pregnant with my daughter because of my past losses, but I reached a point where I accepted that whatever will happen is going to happen regardless of my worrying about it. This time around I'm trying to take the same stance and just stay calm. It's comforting once you have your first appt and see that everything is looking "normal".
Happy and healthy 9 months! Try to enjoy yourself!

wow. 16 months is so long. gj for being persistent on not giving up. congrats. i hope all goes well with u an baby

Congratulations!

When I found out, I was very excited but anxious at the same time, so I understand where you're coming from. This is my first baby, so the fear often outweighs the excitement. But, I will say that it's getting better for me and I hope it will for you, too. Eventually, you pass certain milestones (which for me is just every single week that goes by), and you start feeling more confident. There's nothing you can do at this point to 100% control the outcome, so just enjoy your pregnancy every day. :)

Wow,
All great advice!
I too struggle with worry and the google devil, lol.
But trying to stay positive with each passing day :)
Good luck everyone

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Yeah, even though it's a little bananas, all of the POAS that I've been doing is helping, weirdly. And considering how long we tried before this, the number of tests I've taken isn't THAT over the top.

I know it will take time for it to truly sink in and start to feel more confident. Once the weekend and the blood test Monday comes and goes, I think I'll feel much safer being :cloud9:

I just hope I can get some sleep tonight! Last night was weirdly reminiscent of being a kid on Christmas eve...just so psyched for the morning that it was impossible to fall asleep. Couple that with the worry and wham...insomnia.

Congratulations!!! I am now 7 weeks 6 days pregnant and let me tell you one psycho to another ;).. The obsessive googling and research doesn't stop. lol I went from anxiously awaiting my Bfp, to anxiously awaiting my first appointment. It's on Monday and I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I wish I could have gone in earlier, but when I called to make the appointment for some reason they don't want to see me until I am 8 weeks along. My dh and I have been together 9 years, married for 2. We tried so hard to get it in the first year, and ended up giving it a break. Started back up again and it took 4 cycles of ttc, but man when I saw that Bfp... You'll never forget those feelings. Congrats to you again dear, wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!! Have you calculated your due date? Mine would be June 28th but I guess we will see on Monday.

Congrats to you again dear, wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!! Have you calculated your due date? Mine would be June 28th but I guess we will see on Monday.

Thank you! Based on my LMP and the internet :wacko: my due date is July 15th, about a couple weeks behind you. I have an appt on Monday, too, but just with my reg doctor to get a blood test to confirm everything.

We just moved in the spring so I'm still in the process of researching OB-GYNs in my area. I think I found a practice that seems like a good fit...I think I'm gonna wait til next week to call them.

Still apprehensively excited, but staying positive, thinking happy thoughts. Nearly six whole hours of sleep last night :sleep: Hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->