Cant believe it....

natasja32

Mum to 4 boys
Reaction score
Morning lovelys...Hope you and bumps are all well. Ive just been going through my notes after amnio yesterday. I looked at where my mw would put down my blood pressure and the rest with each appointment. Well ive only seen her once and that was at my booking appointmen at 10 weeks. She didnt do my blood pressure or test my urine,but when looking at my notes she has written down blood presure and NAD in my urine!! What the hell!:growlmad: My pee jar is still dry as the desert as ive not used it yet so where did she magic out those numbers for my bloodpresure and how the hell does she know their is nothing wrong with my urine if she hasnt tested it. Im absolutely shocked at the way things have been going since ive become pregnant again. Nothing is any different. Everything has gone from crap to crapier. Ive not had any special care and the fact that my mw cant even get my notes right isnt filling me with confidence at all. Ive got enough on my plate to have to worry about those things too.:cry: Sorry for the rant girls but im just finding it really difficult to cope with everything going on at the moment and then having an incompetant mw to boot.

:hugs: That's no good at all, wonder why she would do such a thing - just sounds like laziness on her part to me! If you're worried you could always ring around and see if you could arrange to have another midwife, tricky as it is because they're snapped up so fast!

Was she your midwife previously or is she somebody that you've only met with this bubs? Hope things start going a bit better for you xx This is not something that you need right now at all! :nope:

Oh dear! I would be bloody raging if it was me! You should really say something to her, she can't just magic figures out of nowhere, it's malpractice surely??

Have you got the option of another hospital? If you could transfer you would maybe get the care and support that you need right now, not a whole load of stress.

:hugs:

She was my mw with Bodhi and with my 3 year old,so i decided to stay with her as she was aware of my loss of Bodhi and what happened. So i felt confident that i wouldnt have to worry too much. I didnt want a new mw as i would have to explain it all again and was afraid i would be treated like i was worrying for nothing in this pregnancy. I dont know whats wrong with her at the moment. Im so disappointed.I just feel very let down.:growlmad: This baby means everything to me and hubby and we have enough stress already. If by a miracle this baby has clear screening for downs,because of my low papp-a levels my consultant told me that it could mean another possible abruption and high blood presure.So my pregnancy will never be relaxed and my carers are not helping making me feel reasured.:cry:

i would call the supervisor and make a complaint and ask for a midwife who will take extra care of you

I would be absolutely fuming about that.

Why on earth would you do that? Only takes a few minutes?!?

Agreed. She needs to be called up on that and you need to feel confident in your midwife. I would not feel confident at all under those circumstances, despite her being a part of the other pregnancies. It's not because it's ''just pee and blood pressure'' thing, but because it leaves me wondering what else she would fob off too? Not good. You deserve better.

I agree with all the ladies and I think a phone call/email to explain your feelings is extremely appropriate!

I have to say I've been surprised at how little the mw has been involved in pregancy considering I'm high risk and have to go and see a different consultant nearly every week! I would have thought you'd see a mw maybe once every month maybe 6 weeks throughout pregnancy but its so not the case and when you a 'special' case you expect an even higher care level.

I say complain, otherwise your just going to get more and more annoyed! I know I would!

Honey, it is illegal for her to make entries into your notes which are not genuine. She can be struck of the register of the NMC if something were to go wrong which relied on those test results she falsified.

You need to bring this to her attention in case she genuinely wrote someone else's results into your record card. If it is a mistake she needs to know so that she can rectify it, if it wasn't a mistake you'll need to take it up with her manager ASAP.

OMG! That is terrible hun, I would def make a complaint! How can she just make up these things, its not something to just mess around with!!

I also thinks its awful that your not getting anymore care this time around, they must know how anxious and stressful this pregnancy will be for you and they should be there to reassure you that they are there whenever you need them, you should def get in touch and explain all of your worries to them. xxxx

the NAD for urine means no urine given,they are inmy notes as I always forget the sample as for BP oh god thats not right.

How are you feeling after amnio please tell me you are resting in bed,I hope so.

xx

hon sorry to hear that.. I don't know how it really works with mw but I know that with obgyns they don't do the urine tests/blood pressure tests -- nurses do for them and put it in your file for obgyn to review. Could this be the case? Maybe some young new nurse screwed up? In any case, just ask your mw that there must be some kind of mistake. Those things happen. xxxx

the NAD for urine means no urine given,they are inmy notes as I always forget the sample as for BP oh god thats not right.

How are you feeling after amnio please tell me you are resting in bed,I hope so.

xx

In my notes and with all three of my other children NAD was written in all of my notes and as far as i was aware it means no anomilies detected. But i could be wrong will check my notes again.:blush:

Im sore after the amnio and ive had more cramps today. I seem to have more today than i did yesterday after amnio. Im resting as much as my 3 year old and 9 year old will allow me to.:dohh:

hon sorry to hear that.. I don't know how it really works with mw but I know that with obgyns they don't do the urine tests/blood pressure tests -- nurses do for them and put it in your file for obgyn to review. Could this be the case? Maybe some young new nurse screwed up? In any case, just ask your mw that there must be some kind of mistake. Those things happen. xxxx

Hey hunny...my mw has always done my urine tests when i see her. As im high risk now it might be that the consultant or nurses would do them,but i havent given a urine sample to anyone since becoming pregnant.:shrug: I am planning on asking my mw what happened but im not sure when im seeing her next. She will be ringing me on friday to ask me the results of the amnio.:hugs: PS: THis is the same mw ive had with my 3 year old and Bodhi.

That is really bad and she should not have done that, I would try and make a complaint!

https://www.nmc-uk.org/aDisplayDocument.aspx?documentID=455

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->