Can't believe it's been 10 years

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
I can remember the day Princess Diana died as if it was yesterday, and it was 10 years ago tomorrow.

Kayleigh was 4, and she was an awful sleeper. Kayleigh's dad was a waste of space and it was always me that got up with her, even though he sat on his arse all day long, and I worked fulltime. Anyway, I told him on the Saturday that I was having my first lie-in for 4 years. So I got up at 10am on the Sunday morning and went downstairs. He was on the phone to his parents. They had just had some baby rabbits a couple of days before, and as I walked in the living room, he said 'Hang on Dad, I need to tell Amanda', moved the phone away, and said 'Di and Dody are dead'. My initial thought was that they were really stupid names to call the baby rabbits, and wondering why he would think I would be interested in the fact that they had died.

When he explained that he meant the real Di and Dody, I felt numb. I remember saying that I couldn't get my head round it, and needed a shower. Next thing I remember was sobbing in the shower. And I mean really crying.:cry:

But the worse thing was the following day. It was Monday morning and I caught the bus to work, and not one person was talking. No-one was smiling. Everyone was just staring into space. It seemed somehow wrong to just carry on as normal.

Then the following Saturday was the funeral, and that is also a day I will never forget. From the eeiry complete silence when the funeral procession was heading to the cathedral, to the spontanious clapping and throwing of flowers on the way to the burial.

Princess Diana was an icon that will never be forgotten. She was one in a million and the world is a sadder place without her. :hugs:

Yep, I agree. It doesn't seem that long ago at all, I watched a documentary about her the other day and was reading the daily express I bought with a story about her bodyguard not wanting to give evidence.. I really think it was a plot to get rid of her.

It's very sad, we went to lay some flowers for her and left a message, poor lady and I feel for her kids.

i agree its so sad to this day i think she was murdered so charles and camerail could get married

I remember my dad told me about this. TBH the whole reaction to it did make me feel a bit uncomfortable, I felt sad for her family but thought the whole reaction and vitriol towards Charles was ridiculous especially considering the two boys had just lost their mum and had to deal with the public booing their father, and hear things that their family murdered her! And that bloody Elton John song!! I guess though I am just a misery guts, but it will be my dad's 10 year anniversary in November so I didn't have much emotion towards her death sorry.

It does still amaze me though that people still cash in on her to this day, wish they would just let her be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->