• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Can't BF for a week...

wiggy

Reaction score
Well I got a uti 2 weeks after my c- section delivery. Got antibiotics that were safe for BF, felt great. Then antibiotics ended and uti came back with a vengeance. Dr had to give me stronger meds and highly recommended that I do not BF. Breaks my heart! We were just getting the hang of it and it had stooped hurting, LO gained a whole pound in one week. Plus I love that bonding time with him. I feel so awful though...104 fever, chills, backache, no appetite, and just overall sick feeling. So there is no choice but to take the meds. I am pumping and dumping to keep my supply up, and I pray LO won't get too attached to the bottle. We have periodically supplemented with a bottle, and he uses a pacifier, and he has had no problem with nipple confusion, but a whole week makes me sad. Anyone else experience this? Does anyone have any tips to make sure I will still be able to BF after a week of not doing it? Thanks!!

I would get a second opinion about the antibiotics, and contact a lactation consultant.

What antibiotics? Ask the pharmacist which ones are safe and ask your doc to prescribe those. There are so many different meds they should be able to find one that is going to work with compromising breastfeeding.

I've taken different antibiotics for uti's, one time while nursing my last dd. It could lead to problems with nursing if he goes an entire week just on a bottle, especially at such a young age

There is almost always an alternative but unfortunately many doctors cannot be bothered to do a bit more work and look for one. Please ask for a second opinion xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"