Can't cope with sickness

helenw87

Reaction score
So I'm just 6 weeks today, Monday night I did a night shift came home and went straight to bed, woke up at 1 with a splitting headache and nausea, since then I have been feeling sick ever since and also being sick, throwing up everything iv attempted to put in my mouth, iv just been dry retching as there is nothing left in my stomach to come up! Which kills my stomach :( can't even go about my daily life because of it! Rang doctors and there is no midwife in till tomorrow so she has put me on list for her to call me, last time I was pregnant I had sickness from about 8 weeks but only in a morning, this is all day! I just keep crying I don't know what to do with myself!!! :-( :-( :-(

I heard a tip yesterday that helped TONS. Eat clean, raw carrots. I was a bit skeptical at first, but nothing was helping my nausea..not even zofran. So, I got some carrots and I tried it. I felt amazing.

For once I can actually say, I know exactly how you feel! I had "morning sickness" for the first 5 months of my pregnancy. 24 hours a day >.< I felt miserable, down and cried a lot. My best advise I can give you speak to your gp for some anti sickness/nausea tablets. I know some ppl say Oh you cannot use meds in pregnancy, but there are some out there that have been used in pregnancy for many many years and are safe to use when pregnant.
I've been on two types, the normal travel sickness tablets and some stronger tablets later one when the first one stopped working.
Some ppl will say, that you just have to bear it. That it is normal bla bla. But if it is disrupting you day to day life that much it is not worth to just "bear" it. Just get some tablets for it girl! All the best!

It sounds like you need medication. In the meantime, try eating lightly salted popcorn. For me it was the only thing that stayed down at the height of my sickness. Hang in there!

Sorry to hear your feeling so crappy. Im no DR, but I have done ALOT of reading on Morning sickness and nausea during pregnancy as when the day comes for me, I would like to try and avoid it as much as I can. ( I have a fear of vomiting lol) So, here are a few things I highly suggest tying:
- Ice water with lots of lemon juice in it, ( squeeze at least half a lemon). for some reason the sour taste can really help.
- ginger tea or buy some ginger at the grocery store, add a bit to boiling water with some lemon and honey.
- Salty potato chips. I would try Lays plain chips :)
Hope some of these give you a bit of relief. :) Just think, its all for a good cause!

When you are truly sick with severe morning sickness nothing helps, no ginger, no carrots, no saltines, no sea bands, I would even throw up Popsicles. That's when you have to turn to medicine.

When you are truly sick with severe morning sickness nothing helps, no ginger, no carrots, no saltines, no sea bands, I would even throw up Popsicles. That's when you have to turn to medicine.

Totally agree.

For some mild, more immediate relief, you can start a regimen of vitamin B6 + unisom (doxylamine formula) up to 4 times a day (25 mg each). Zofran will stop the vomiting but not the nausea. If it has been several days, buy some ketone test strips in the diabetic isle of the pharmacy and test your urine for ketones. If they are high, go get an IV and get re-hydrated. Dehydration will make the nausea far, far worse. If you are trapped in a vomiting cycle it is likely you are dehydrated, which is causing it to continue. IV hydration is the only way to stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->