Can't cope with these side effects of clomid

BellaBoo0512

Reaction score
I'm on my 3rd cycle of Clomid. The first cycle I was on 50mg and had no side effects but didn't ovulate.

2nd cycle I was upped to 100mg and was having bad mood swings.

This cycle I'm having mood swings again. I literally have no patience and feel really stressed. Other times I feel really depressed and feel like my son and husband would be better off without me. OH doesn't understand and thinks I'm just being moody for no reason but the mood swings are literally out of my control.

I don't think I want to take Clomid anymore.. not if it's going to make me feel like this. It's just not worth it :(

Bit of a pointless thread really but no one else seems to understand.

I understand fully!! I took 50mg last cycle and 100mg this cycle and I do not want to take anymore. Nope. I have been evil. I have petty. I have been everything but myself. On top of that I've been constipated to no end.
My husband at least has been aware of it all as I too was voicing my concerns out loud. He is pretty quiet and noticed before I even said anything.

It is not doing anything for me except raising my temp up until 5dpo then drops it like a hotcake on 6dpo.

I'm wondering if Femara or Metamofin would be better. I do not see an RE and my regular OB is about ready to send me to one as she doesn't see the point in continuously giving out Clomid. I know I can just order them online but not being monitored isn't good. I'm not monitored now but thought it would work the first time around. :dohh:

So you are not alone. Stuff is not for everyone.

I didn't realise you could order Clomid online. It's definitely better being monitored on it.

I felt absolutely awful on Saturday but not feeling half as bad now. I never want to feel that way again. I've got my CD9 scan tomorrow so I'm going to mention it at my appointment. I did see in the leaflet that the Clomid can cause depression and suicidal thoughts.. I just didn't realise it was a common side effect. Been getting hellish headaches too :(

Oh, yeah, the headaches too!! Goodness those were awful. I really hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

I'm feeling a lot better now thank you :) I'm just hoping that this is the last month that I have to take Clomid.. Fingers crossed x

I've been for my 2nd follicle tracker scan today.. I have 3 decent sized follicles. 2 are 13mm and the dominant one is 17mm and I'm predicted to OV on Sunday. I've ordered some OV tests but don't know if il do them or not as I've never done them before :shrug:

Those are good sized follies. I'd use OV test. At least see how they look as O is right around the corner. FX for a good O!!

I did one yesterday at about 7pm and there was a faint line. Going to do another one later this morning. I'm new to OPK's so don't really know much about them. All I know is not to do them with FMU and that the line needs to be as dark as the control to be considered a positive. They are only cheap ones off eBay so I'm not sure how reliable they are.

How is you're cycle going?

The cheap ones are a bit hard to decipher until you've used them a cycle or two.

The will get darker just take note of how your body feels as they do.

I'm getting ready to start AF on Tuesday if I stop my progesterone. I don't want to thought because I'm going on vacation and don't want AF..lol. Usually when I stop I get it 3 to 4 days later. So I will continue to take it until 15dpo at least.

I wish I was preggers but oh well.

I did a test this morning and there was nothing there and then did one earlier and there was a faint line but not as dark as the one yesterday :shrug: getting quite a bit of CM today so I think that could mean OV is about to happen.

I'm not feeling very hopeful if I'm being honest. At the clinic the other day they gave me 3 months worth of Clomid and then after that we won't get any more help and IVF is sooo expensive I can't afford to have it :(

Ahhh a vacation sounds lovely. Going anywhere nice?

Sounds like you are getting close. Don't give up.
We are headed to Legoland FL. Can't wait.

I did a test about an hour ago and the line is quite dark but not as dark as the control. Going to BD tonight and then put my legs in the air for a good half hour 😂 the things we have to do!

Ah lego land sounds amazing! My little boy would love it there :)

FX!!! hahah...yup, legs in the air. One time I had mine so high I almost barfed cause my stomach was so crunched.

I only managed 15 mins with my legs in the air. I was going dizzy I had them that high. Fingers crossed that did the trick. Pretty sure I'm ovulating today yay :)

Hey Bella!!

How are you doing? Have you tested yet? I've been on vaca but back home now.

FX for you

Hi

I'm ok thank you :) I think I'm 12dpo today and been getting lots of cramps. I stupidly started testing too early so have been getting bfn's all week and a couple of evap lines. Tested this morning with an IC and swore there was a faint line but I think that's just wishful thinking. I usually have sore boobs before AF shows and I haven't this month so fingers crossed that is a good sign.

How are you? Did you enjoy your vacation?

I did my two months of Clomid and I couldn't do it again this cycle. But my OB told me the same after 3 months not more clomid anyway and that I would need outside help.

My husband said I could try Soy again but I wanted to take a break this time. I already suffer from horrible O pain and Soy/Clomid make it so much worse.

LOL.awww...man, early testing Bella, I know I got crazy each cycle with it. Can you post pics of the ics so I can stare to hard at it too? hahah. Seriously, I really hope you do have a line starting. ICs aren't as dark as FRER would be and I've also seen lines people call faint to be not very faint at all for some one who is use to staring a bfns all the time ;)

My vacation was just hot and all I wanted to do was sit in the shade. My daughter had a blast though. I mean it was LEGOLAND.lol...all the legos she could ever dream of to play with.

Today is O day for me. I had lots of heartburn(still do) and some uncomfortableness but not like the normal painful ones. We dtd twice in my fertile window so will see what happens. I am not that hopeful but trying not to stress at all.

And ...drum roll please, not even going to test this cycle. :haha: lets see how that goes

I don't think I can cope with another round of Clomid so I might take a break for a month and see if I ovulate on my own. What is soy?

I know, I'm a fool for early testing! I'm 13dpo today and think I may have a squinter. I'll upload it in a min for you to take a look :)

Aww I'm glad you had a good holiday. Lego land sounds amazing! Nothing like the Lego land we have over here in the UK.

Yay for O! Is that without Clomid?

Haha good luck with the no testing.. I said exactly the same and then caved :haha:

Here is my test for today :shrug:

Attachments

• 20170703_075531_opt.jpg
    20170703_075531_opt.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 11

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members