• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

cant decide on cakes?

honeybee2

Reaction score
There would be a £50 difference because of the flowers.

If I chose the one with the roses around it would mean I cant have roses and hydrangea in vases in the ceremony room which I really want., basically because I'd have to use the £50 I have for the vase roses to be put around this cake!

Everytime I look at it though it just makes my heart melt!!

It would be different though- the roses would all be fluffy white ones and Id have black lace around each tier and its going to be round.

The other cake would be stacked on top of each other with no roses in the middle and would mean I can have my roses in vases. Again it would be plain white with black lace on (not the silver ribbon), round maybe with 3 roses on the top? Ive attached piccy of the black lace.

Just cant decide!!!

I know it may seem like a petty thing but I couldnt afford flower displays so Ive got some vintage jars and I'm going to the flower market first thing in the morning to pick up £50 worth of hydrangeas and roses and place them on the the ceremony table and on the shelves next to the antique painitings- just wanted to bring the outside indoors a little.

Sorry if this doesnt make sense, its just my little ramble!!! :dohh:

Attachments

• Maisie-Fantasie-Monaco_jpg_e_8dd88fb9707883318a25c8f7c2b528aa.jpg
    Maisie-Fantasie-Monaco_jpg_e_8dd88fb9707883318a25c8f7c2b528aa.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 4
  • wedding-cakes-hyc5e.jpg
    wedding-cakes-hyc5e.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 4
  • LingerieMonth-LaceDetail.jpg
    LingerieMonth-LaceDetail.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1
The roses seperating the tiers are beautiful, but I think it will work with the tiers on top of each other and the lace :thumbup:

The roses cake is beautiful but I think the other cake will be just as striking with the contrast of the black lace.

Oh my, that rose cake is gorgeous! I guess it'd depend on how important it is for you to have your guests see "stuff"? If that makes sense?

I love that cake, but if it came down to flowers on every table OR having them on the cake I personally would go with on the tables. Then each guest gets to see them up close rather than a quick view of your wedding cake iyswim?

The black on white is very similar to the idea we're going with for our cake, except we're doing buttercream icing with the black fondant "ribbon". So I might be a bit biased on how much I like that idea. :haha: :mrgreen:

I'd go with the option that gives you flowers in vases hun - the cake is STILL going to look great AND taste great - this option will spread your money further and still look really luxe :D

xx T

ive decided to go with the stacked cake- the one without the roses- Ill just put white roses on the top as a topper! xx thanks ladies xx

I'd go with the vases too, but have you thought about maybe putting just a small posy on the very top of the cake also?

kinda like these? x

Attachments

• hydrangea_and_lace_cake (1).jpg
    hydrangea_and_lace_cake (1).jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 3
  • gallery-three-tier-wedding-cake-roses-and-diamantes-black-lace-inspired-by-michelle.jpg
    gallery-three-tier-wedding-cake-roses-and-diamantes-black-lace-inspired-by-michelle.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 27
ye!!!! Im gona do that thanks bertie xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"