Can't decide whether to start FSH injections

hald

Reaction score
Ok, background info. Me-30 DH-36.' 2005 weird long cycles, diagnosed PCO on ultrasound and long cycles (androgens normal etc) normal BMI, determined not ovulating. Went to RE took 3 cycles clomid then BFP- DS1 born 2009. Wanted another baby went to Gyno for clomid again, took 4 cycles clomid BFP- DD1 born 2011. Was trying naturally for #3 since last Xmas and charting. January Normal Ultrasound- no PCO. Went to Gyno again, 5cycles clomid (chemical preg first cycle) but no BFP. Natural cycle following that I did ovulate CD18 while waiting to RE appt, BFN. Had bloods done CD4 that cycle, AMH low 4.5 :-( FSH 9.8, T4 low 2.5. Started on thyroxine 50mg/day. Had ultrasound CD 3 this cycle (2days ago) and normal ultrasound. Counted 7 immature follies both sides. RE suggested FSH injections this cycle to start today (CD5) but for us to think about what we wanted to do. (DH semen analysis Normal- actually above average :p)
My DH wants to wait 2 more cycles for the thyroxine to start working and in the mean time we can use Preseed (haven't used this time TTC yet) and then if no BFP then go to injections but I'm not sure what to do. Feel like we are wasting time doing that as I have no idea what my cycle will do naturally, (usually pre-clomid they are long- ovulate between CD20-30), don't know if last cycle was a fluke as had just finished 5 cycles of clomid before that? Who knowS!) And I spot on/off from ovulation-period our RE thinks I need some luteal support (although my progesterone was Normal). I just don't know whether we should just do the injections now so that we are doing something proactive or whether we should wait a couple of months and try ourselves a bit longer like my DH thinks we should and wait for the thyroxine to help too? RE seemed to think it would be safe to start injections now even tho I've just started the thyroxine. Anyone been in a similar circumstance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->