• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

cant decide

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
if we should get joshua christened*sp?* or not.

me and hubby are christened but we dont go to church and dont really believe in it all.

i dont want people to think that i/we dont care as we wont get him christened.

i dont want it to be a case that he needs it when hes older i.e. for getting married in a church.

even if we did want him christened im not sure if the church will allow us as around my area they wont christen you unless you attend church regularly.

do you think he will need it?
if we dont get him christened are we bad parents?
ooh i dont know what to do.

we are having a civil ceromony naming ceremony as we are similar to you that way when she is old enough she can chose what reglion if any she wants to be!

we're not having Ally christened. I want him to decide for himself...and if he's really that eager to be religious when he's older then he can choose to do it. Personally, I don't really see the point in getting married in a church if you don't believe in what the church is about.

exactly we got married abroad as we didnt see the point in religion.

whats the naming ceremony about?

can you give me more info?

I'm getting Caitlyn christened because Rich is making me.. I would much rather she wasn't and I don't want the Godparents fight.. Meh!

Mark wants to get Chloe christened but I'm not bothered. I like the idea of a naming ceremony. Some churches also do blessings rather than christenings, I would liketo do that

I want to do something to celebrate Chloe.

Mark wants to get Chloe christened but I'm not bothered. I like the idea of a naming ceremony. Some churches also do blessings rather than christenings, I would liketo do that

I want to do something to celebrate Chloe.

yea thats how i feel amy,

i want to celebrate joshua being here. i love the idea of a naming ceremony and a blessing.

for a blessing do you have to attend church before they do a blessing

No as far as I know but I've not properly looked into it yet. I googled it before she was born but cant remember it now.

We need to do something as our families havent even met each other yet!!

We got Dec christened and Dan, me or my OH dont attend church but we felt the kids should be christened and besides we had to, cant get into school without baptism lines.

He could still get married in a Parish Church even if he isn't christened.

ive just said to hubby that we could just have a blessing but he said if we do that we should just get him christened.
i guess we dont have to be religious for him to be christened.

NAMING CEREMONY - basically it is a similiar idea to getting married in a civil ceremony so not in a church so no reglious content allowed!

Each parent, adult guardian and grandparent if you wish makes a promise to the child it can be anything you like! You give an explaination as to what the childs name means and why you chose it and anything else you wish to add. You can have them wherever you want aswell.

We decided this way is best as i am Cof E and OH is catholic so we thought it would be best to let Niamh decide if she wants to follow a religion when she is old enough to decide for herself.

Ewan isnt christened and has not had a naming ceremony either, we have no been labelled as bad parents for it.
we got married in church, and hubby isnt christened, i think it depends on the vicar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"