Can't eat, soooo hungry :(

marigold91

Reaction score
I am absolutely STARVING but can't eat - nothing tastes good, it's like my tastebuds change every 12 hours. And my sense of smell is so heightened that anytime I try to eat, I smell something off-putting and think I'm going to vomit.

I try to eat to get my stomach to stop growling, but can barely make it through. I have all these food cravings but I just can't eat :( :( :(

Anyone else going through this?! It's miserable!

Meeee! It's like having a sickness bug but with a sniffer dog nose!!! xxx

I had this really badly in my first pregnancy. It is the pits. I'm sorry :( just try to eat every 2 hours and eat anything that seems appealing, even if it's not "healthy."

I had this until about 15 weeks. I know this sounds overly dramatic, but it felt like torture to be so hungry but unable to eat. Then I would find something that I could eat, like grilled cheese sandwiches, and I'd eat nothing but that for a few days until it started making me sick and I'd have to find something else I could stomach. I still have lots of aversions and nausea, but I can actually eat now thank goodness. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

I totally had this with baby #1. Then I discovered captain crunch. I cried so hard from joy and "nutritional fulfillment"

Yep same here, I am hungry all the time but as soon as food is put in front of me I struggle to look at it. But if I don't eat for two hours I feel sick from the hunger.

With DD the sickness went at 8 weeks which i had hoped this would too but it's still here at 11w4d.

I tried ginger but I swear to god that's the devil's work, how can something that smells and tastes so revolting make you feel less sick?!

I had this so awfully with my first. I ate cold things with no smell, and if I smelled food, I couldn't eat, so everyone around me had to eat cold things, too. But, the cold things won't smell strongly, depending on what it is, of course.

So glad I'm not alone!! And thanks for the suggestions, y'all. Luckily this doesn't happen *every* day but it does seem to be the majority of days.

It's so strange. The best way I can describe it is that it feels like I'm eating right after brushing my teeth. Everything has that weird disgusting toothpaste aftertaste.

Popsicles and plain mashed potatoes were all I could force myself to eat for weeks. I agree with whoever suggested cold things -- they do tend to be a bit easier. I also would only eat outside so that indoor/kitchen smells wouldn't bother me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->