• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Can't find heartbeat on doppler-worried :-( update Miscarriage at 11 weeks

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
I've tried for 3 1/2 hours tonight with my Doppler. I've tried drinking lots of water, going to the loo, several positions...nothing :-(

I've never had this before, for so long. I thought my persistence would pay off. I'm so worried as I usually hear it straight away.

I'm pretty constipated and bloated-could this be a cause? I'm really hoping so.

I've booked a private scan for tomorrow morning. Please cross your fingers for me. Have to go alone with my 1 and 4 year old (who knows about the baby and is excited) need to be strong.

Big hugs in! Fingers crossed for you! Maybe cause you are bloated!! Good luck tomorow xxx

I really wouldn't be too worried, it usually took me ages to find the hb at that stage, even with a really good quality rented Doppler! And YES, bloating and gas have made a huge difference in finding the hb, even now at 13+1 I avoid when I am puffed up or sluggish as everything else is louder in there and I struggle to hear baby.
So many people don't find the hb at all at this stage, and midwives in the UK won't even start looking until after 14 weeks due to the possibility of not finding the hb and causing unnecessary stress. Baby is tiny and moving around in there, it's like a needle in a haystack. Also, try to not search and search or you'll make yourself sore. My tummy was sore inside after the first couple of times as I was getting stressed. Don't panic and come back to it when you're less bloated. I also found empty bladder works best for me. I know it's hard to not panic but it's best for you and baby to stay calm. Most likely, everything's perfect and normal.
And good luck for your scan tomorrow, keep us updated xxxxxxx

My midwife isn't allowed to use the doppler untill 16 weeks, it's standerd practice in our clinic. I didn't find this babies heartbeat untill 15 weeks and only now at 20 weeks can I find it everytime. Baby is still really small and has lots of room to move about, I honestly wouldn't panic over it. Good luck for tomorrow.

Hope all goes well tomorrow, my Dr couldn't find mine at 12 weeks, I think it's kind of normal since baby is small enough to be tucked away

I couldn't find my baby's heartbeat with the dipper until 18 weeks. Hope everything goes well with your scan.

Lay in bed and put a pillow under your butt. Also, baby is A LOT lower than you'd think... I'm talking at or below your pelvis bone under 12 weeks gestation. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and I can only capture baby very, very low. Press hard with the probe!

Tried again this morning. Nothing. I've always found it until now :-( tried for hours and hours.

Thanks for the reassurance, not feeling too confident for the scan.

:hugs: big hugs hun sounds really worrying but yes some days I find baby straight away and some days it takes a while makes me panic. what time you booked for? Baby may have moved to a new spot! Best of luck for your scan thinking of you xx

All the best for today but I'm sure you'll be fine hun xxx

Good luck today! How soon can you hear baby on a Doppler? X

Thanks everyone. I'm just sat in the car with the kids waiting for 10:10 to arrive. Dd2 keeps talking about the baby this morning with dd1. :-(

I'm sure everything will be great, big hugs and good luck again :hugs: xxxxxx

good luck am sure it will all be fine x

Thanks everyone. I'm just sat in the car with the kids waiting for 10:10 to arrive. Dd2 keeps talking about the baby this morning with dd1. :-(

Good luck Hun thinking of u xx

Back from scan. Lost the baby measuring at 11 weeks 1 day. So happened over the weekend. Baby looked perfect :cry:
Waiting for midwife to book me in epau now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"