Can't help feeling this way, I should be grateful

shayzee

Mum to ds,dd & angel
Reaction score
since i had my dd 19 months ago i suffered from quite bad GD after her birth.i know I'm lucky that I've been truly blessed with a ds first and then a dd.i love both my ds and dd equally and wouldn't change my dd but can't help but think I lost a ds when I had my dd-(we stayed team yellow till the birth which didn't help ).I know I shouldn't even feel this way as i struggled to conceive with both but it's something i can't help but feel.
In my (daft) head I always thought I'd have 2 boys first then a girl ,it was the perfect family but obviously it didn't work that way.growing up we were 6 sisters and no brothers and I know my mum always felt a failure and incomplete that she never had a son, so I know I'm lucky to have 1 of each.
I started reading about swaying for a boy and thought that whenever we start ttc our 3rd & last baby I'm gona give swaying my best shot
I'm in a state of shock at the moment ; as i was late for my period & had a sick feeling in my stomach as we kinda had an accident whilst bd but I didn't give it a second thought then as I conceived both my children with clomid so I NEVER thought I'd conceive & wasn't worried.
I took a test and now I'm pregnant.i should be happy but I'm worried instead that I didn't get a chance to sway & I won't get my 2nd ds.
in fact my diet & eating patterns we very much like a girl sway & also I've been getting thrush etc on & off for several weeks now -which means an acidic ph down below I think ?also i think I conceived 2/3 days after ovulation.
I know there's ladies on this forum who'd love a child of each sex but I'd just like to finish off with a ds & my dd can be the only girl in the house unlike me and my sisters.
Please don't hate me for feeling like this ladies, I didn't know who to talk to ,so came here .:shrug:

:hugs:. When I read about swaying after reading threads about it on here I realised that my DS was conceived in pretty girl circumstances. Obviously swaying can help to get the prefered gender but it doesn't always work and equally conceiving under girly circumstances doesn't mean you won't get your longed for 2nd DS. Don't feel awful for having a preference and being worried, you can't help wanting another DS :hugs:

There are people who do PERFECT girl sways and still get boys so try not to worry. I think in these situations, with surprise pregnancies, especially when previous babies have taken a long time to conceive, that the baby was just meant for this world and who they are is who they were supposed to be.
Next time round I'm going to take the attitude of whats done is done, once the baby is conceived there is no changing their gender so I'm hoping I can just accept that and enjoy pregnancy. Last time I feel I didn't enjoy any of it enough because I was worrying and analysing, and I came away from my 12 week scan feeling like I hadnt even seen my baby because I was so focused on looking for a nub.

I hope that your little one is the DS you want, good luck

Thanks for your replies ladies & also for giving me hope :hugs:
I keep telling myself that this baby will be a girl so I can get used to it and as you said motherofboys I want to enjoy every bit of this pregnancy & my scans etc especially if it's my last.
I have moments of panic throughout the day when I think of baby not being a ds but then I think of my dd and know it'll be ok to have another little princess like her.
praying we all get our dream babies .x

If it helps any, I swayed for a girl this time, shettles method mostly, and it failed. I'm having another boy, so even with swaying it doesn't mean you'll get your desired gender. Good luck getting your second boy.

As the other posters have said, a girl sway doesn't always mean a girl. :hugs:

I'm in the same boat, got pregnant before we really got the chance to sway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->