Can't quite believe I'm here... I'm terrified.

lil_sparrow

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I found out I was pregnant yesterday. I was only a few days late, but just didn't feel right, so took a clearblue digital test and lo and behold, it was positive. I have never felt so terrified in my entire life.

I'm 24, will be 25 when baby arrives, and have been with my boyfriend for almost a year, but it's not exactly the greatest relationship in the world. I love him very much, but I don't know if he feels the same way about me. He's 22, and is a total commitment-phobe. He has never once told me he loves me, and we split up for a couple of weeks back in September, because he wasn't sure if he wanted a serious relationship. Obviously, I am thinking now about how he is going to take this news. I don't want to be left on my own.

I told my mum as soon as I found out, and she has been great. She hasn't said one negative thing, and she said that she will be here for me, no matter what. Because of cirumstances last year, I had to move back in with my mum and dad, so I'm not exactly in a great place right now to be having a baby. I've always wanted kids in the future, just never imagined it would be now. There is no way I'm giving this baby up though, it's not even an option to me. I just have so many things going around my head, and it's overwhelming me. I'm going to be my best friend's one and only bridesmaid when she gets married in April, she's spend £400 on a dress for me that is a size 8. I'm never going to fit into that by then, and she will be crushed. I'm so scared about telling her.

I don't even know why I'm posting this, I just had to get some things off my chest. I can't believe this is happening, although I know it is, and I'm going to have to deal with it. I've worked out from dates, that I'm about 5 weeks, so early days, and due 19th Aug 2010. Thanks for reading xx

Hi everyone. I found out I was pregnant yesterday. I was only a few days late, but just didn't feel right, so took a clearblue digital test and lo and behold, it was positive. I have never felt so terrified in my entire life.

I'm 24, will be 25 when baby arrives, and have been with my boyfriend for almost a year, but it's not exactly the greatest relationship in the world. I love him very much, but I don't know if he feels the same way about me. He's 22, and is a total commitment-phobe. He has never once told me he loves me, and we split up for a couple of weeks back in September, because he wasn't sure if he wanted a serious relationship. Obviously, I am thinking now about how he is going to take this news. I don't want to be left on my own.

I told my mum as soon as I found out, and she has been great. She hasn't said one negative thing, and she said that she will be here for me, no matter what. Because of cirumstances last year, I had to move back in with my mum and dad, so I'm not exactly in a great place right now to be having a baby. I've always wanted kids in the future, just never imagined it would be now. There is no way I'm giving this baby up though, it's not even an option to me. I just have so many things going around my head, and it's overwhelming me. I'm going to be my best friend's one and only bridesmaid when she gets married in April, she's spend £400 on a dress for me that is a size 8. I'm never going to fit into that by then, and she will be crushed. I'm so scared about telling her.

I don't even know why I'm posting this, I just had to get some things off my chest. I can't believe this is happening, although I know it is, and I'm going to have to deal with it. I've worked out from dates, that I'm about 5 weeks, so early days, and due 19th Aug 2010. Thanks for reading xx

congrats. its nice to get it off your chest and too talk to someone there is always loads of people here to help. all you have got to think about is yourself and the baby everything will work out. and as for the dress well i cant help you there lol. im due about the 17th august

Hi i am sure our friend will understand if you tell her soon. Couldnt she take the dress back or get it taken out? And congrats on the BFP

Congrats on getting your BFP..

and dont worry about your friend, im sure she will understand, x

congratulations hun i found out i was pregnant on friday just waitin to get my results back from the doctors on thursday... when are you panning on telling your boyfriend im sure he'll be over the moon ano mine was,hes still young yet but this might be the thing he needs to realise hes got everythin he needs and wants... im 26 in2weeks and this is my first... hope everything goes well for you keep me informed xxxx

CONGRATS - the dress is the least of your worries hun, I recently got married and the dress fitters took my firends out and there wasn't a problem at all. You need to speak to your bf but in your own time xx

Thanks for the replies. I know my friend will probably be ok, it's just that we have quite a large group of friends, and she only wanted me to be her bridesmaid, and she is so excited and I love my dress, and I don't want her thinking this was deliberate. I'm probably just being silly, I just dont want to see her upset.

I have no idea when to tell my boyfriend. Sooner the better, I guess. I just don't know how I'll get the words out. I'm just praying that he doesn't leave me. I'm never sure exactly how he feels about me. Guess I'm going to find out for definite now though. After I tell my boyfriend and my friend, I will feel a lot better. I actually want to be excited about this, as I think it could be really,really great. Thanks again.

Definitely tell your boyfriend sooner rather than later. Don't put so much stress on yourself. If you feel excited, then show it! I hope everything works out. :hugs:

Thanks for the replies. I know my friend will probably be ok, it's just that we have quite a large group of friends, and she only wanted me to be her bridesmaid, and she is so excited and I love my dress, and I don't want her thinking this was deliberate. I'm probably just being silly, I just dont want to see her upset.

I have no idea when to tell my boyfriend. Sooner the better, I guess. I just don't know how I'll get the words out. I'm just praying that he doesn't leave me. I'm never sure exactly how he feels about me. Guess I'm going to find out for definite now though. After I tell my boyfriend and my friend, I will feel a lot better. I actually want to be excited about this, as I think it could be really,really great. Thanks again.

id tell your boyfriend as soon as possible hun then you can get on with enjoyin bein pregnant instead of worrying... this baby is now the most important thing in your life now and you shouldnt let things get on top of you... hope your ok and if you need to talk im here chin up xxxx

Congrats hunni! You def need to tell your boyf soon, like the other ladies have said! You need to get excited about it together, it is wonderful news! I am also 24, 25 when baby arrives.
And, as for your friend, don't worry! I got married in the summer and one of my friends put on quite a bit of weight and the dress maker did a great job! It only cost about £50 to get changed, so you could always offer to pay for it if you think that would help!
Anyway, hope it all works out. Get in touch if you need to chat hunni :hugs:
xxxxxxx

my pregnancy was a shock too but luckly my oh was over the moon it was me that felt down in the dumps and unsure of it, that feeling lasted for a few weeks, but by the time i had told my family and my best friend and realised how excited everyone was the excitement just kind of fell in place for me. You will feel tons better after u start telling people i promise :hugs:

Congratulations and welcome to first tri :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->