cant see properly??

tylerdean04

mummyandmummy2b!!
Reaction score
Hi girls...The only way i can describe my problem is like wen u have been looking at the sun or a bright light for a long period of time and then wen u blink u still see the outline?? Sorry if thats a bit vague lol but its like i have blotchy figures in front of my eyes? I'm not dizzy in the slightest just cant see properly! It comes and goes and lasts about half hr or so once it passes i have a bit of a headache.....I mentioned it to my midwife but she sort of dismissed it and sed i may need my eyes tested?! I wear glasses and have my eyes tested quite often so i dont think this is the prob? Has neone else heard of this or had this? Thank you Tracy xx

I think you should speak to your GP as it may be totally unrelated to your pregnancy and if the GP can't help go and see an optician. I wear quite strong glasses and was told if i ever had strange blobs in front of my eyes to go and see them asap.

i get this sometimes when i get a migrain, its horrible, your midwife should not have just dismissed you though, if it is still worrying you call her agin or contact your doc x

I have this also, but i don't get headaches at all. According to my mw, this is quite common, and nothing to worry about. She also said one should never adjust/or get glases during a pregnancy because the pregnancy can do this and it passes after the pregnancy is over.

Its a kind of migrene, but without the same headache. It helps if you wear shades with polaroid. Also i wouldn't drive if i were you, sometimes it gets bad very quickly and i can't even read signs.

If it's blurry vision, this can be related to pregnancy - your eyes see differently when you're pregnant and it's quite normal to get slightly blurred vision. You should not get your prescription changed until after the birth, unless you really can't see.
but if it really is seeing things, then I would speak to the doctor. If you see an optician, make sure they know you're pregnant.

i had this same thing too and went to mw who checked me out and said its hormone induced migraines due to pregnancy i havent had one lately though thank god but get it checked if your worried hun xx

Thanks girls!! Havent been too too worried as it passes quite quik its just sooo annoying as i can hardly see nethin lol!!
Gunna pop into my optitions and have a quik word....as i also do wear quite strong glasses...dont wanna mess with my prescription if its hormones that may pass!! :S
Thank yous!! xxxxxx

Has your bp, and urine samples been ok on your mw visits? Impaired vision and headaches can be a sign of pre-eclampsia. I was induced due to this and along with other symptoms blurred vision and headaches were some of them. You should call your MW and talk to her again. Don't mean to worry you but i went along thinking i was ok when really i was very poorly. Hope it's nothing xx

I read in "what to expect" that this can be quite normal as the hormones play all sorts of tricks on every aspect of your body. It shouldn't be anything to worry about. It is quite common!

I would definatley get this checked out, it might just be hormones and the fact that you wear glasses but it can also be a symptom of undiagnosed diabetes. Get your doctor to do a urine or blood sugar test, anything over 7/8 should be monitered.

Update....thanks again for yet more replies...spoke to a diff midwife who sed sounds like classic migraine symptoms and advised me to see my gp asap :( I have an app this afternoon so hopin is just hormones but its starting to get me down now as is happenin more and more often and once the impaired vision passes i'm left with a horrendous headache :( Will see wot doc says later and let u all no. Thanks again for replies xx

I read in my what to expect when your expecting book that from the 6th month onwards you can have trouble with your eyes because of hormones. I would get it check out though.

Hiya AGAIN lol....went to docs (pain in the bum he was grrrr) didnt seem too worried told me to take paracetemol every 4-6hrs to keep the headaches at bay which i dont really want to do as i only take it wen i really need to ahhhhh... Checked my blod pressure and urine all fine.....but he's arranged for me to have blood tests to rule out anything else and i also have optitions on monday just in case its anything to do with that. I'm not too worried its just so unpredictable and annoying!!
Just thought i'd post updates just in case neone else is having the same probs. Thank you Tracy xxx

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about then, I had similar yesterday, blurry vision. It was as if I had water in my eyes, lasted about 15 mins then it went. I woke up this morning with a bad headache. I'm having my check up next week so I'll ask the doc, but I was wondering if I could have high blood pressure. Took a paracetamol and feel fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->