Can't seem to kick this cold

sil

Reaction score
Is anyone else having a hard time getting over sickness? I came down with a horrible cold and fever 13 days ago. The fever left after a few days but 13 days later I still have a headache, swelling in nose, yellow thick snot that is difficult to blow, and exhausted. I can't sleep because I can't breathe at night and every day my nose is just as sick and congested as the last. Any tips? Is this due to a lowered immune system from being pregnant? I'm currently 13 wk 4 days.

Yes! I had a cold for 4 weeks!!! Sounds same as yours, sinus/snot/chesty. Every time it started to go it seemed to come back again... finally went last week thank god. Your immune system depresses in pregnancy so it's harder to shift illness. Hope you feel better soon xx

I Have been sick for over a month now. I can't kick it! I'm coughing and sneezing so badly that my poor bladder has given up on me. Hahahaha. A vaporizer and tons of fluid (naturally non-caffeinated hot teas like chamomile and water) have helped me a ton, but it is the cold from H that just won't go away!!!!!!!! And mixed with my morning sickness, I'm constantly dry heaving from the mucous. I have to laugh about it all, though. I get a big cold every year. It's a terrible cold, but it's so much worse because I'm peeing myself constantly!

I feel like the yuck stick around longer while pregnant, but if you're still getting rid of super yucky mucus maybe it's time to check with the doc to see if you might be dealing with a sinus infection on top of your cold.

Tell me about it! I came down with the flu last week and I'm still coughing.

Thank you ladies. I am on day 17 of this cold but I finally feel like it's slowly getting better instead of worse

Glad to hear you're starting to feel better, I'm hoping my cough gives me a break soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->