Can't sleep at night :(

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
All day I could fall asleep anywhere, anytime... but as soon as the boys are in bed and I drag my feet to bed too, I'm stuck awake. I am ready to cry, I am so miserably tired, and I have to be up early getting ds1 to school and taking care of ds2.. I don't know what to do, it takes me at least 3 hours to get even close to sleeping and by then I am left with only a couple hours to sleep and a baby that wakes me up in the night :/

Is anybody else dealing with this too?

Same here but if I had lack of sleep the previous night I have no problem falling asleep I just can't stay asleep very long normally only 3-4 hours it really sucks because then I'm super exhausted chasing my dd around all day! I so understand and it's so annoying...

I'm struggling with sleeping too. I just seem to wake every couple of hours just tossing and turning. Seem like really long nights at the mo.

yup. me too. I had restless legs the last couple of days and our two dogs won't stop getting up at night, they wake me up with that :/

I had a terrible time sleeping the first 5-6w then it eased up some and now i sleep like a baby!

This is rubbish isn't it? I'm only 4 weeks tomorrow and the insomnia has already started. Sadly there's not much we can do about it, it's the increased progesterone that affects the sleep cycles so it'll give some ladies a rough first trimester, ease off in the second and then return in the third. The need to pee all bloody night too doesn't exactly help either. I wish I could offer up a remedy but I suppose just knowing that you're not alone and it's not your fault helps.
Fingers crossed we can all get some decent sleep soon, I feel like the living dead!

I understand exactly how you feel. I have 2 daughters and i could happily fall asleep anywhere anytime during the day but as soon as night comes and im laying in bed im tossing and turning wishing to sleep. DD2 doesnt sleep well at night so I have to get up with her during the night (usually just as I have fallen asleep!) DD1 shes an early riser at 6am. I have to get up 7 to take DD2 to nursery. I have sat in the evening with DH and just cried.

I understand exactly how you feel. I have 2 daughters and i could happily fall asleep anywhere anytime during the day but as soon as night comes and im laying in bed im tossing and turning wishing to sleep. DD2 doesnt sleep well at night so I have to get up with her during the night (usually just as I have fallen asleep!) DD1 shes an early riser at 6am. I have to get up 7 to take DD2 to nursery. I have sat in the evening with DH and just cried.

Awwh I whimpered myself to sleep the other night after I asked dh to rub my back. It is really hard! We are both exhausted and dh is so tired he can't help me in the morning anymore because they've got him working 14 hour days. No sleep really hurts :sad2:

Oh I am currently 10 weeks and 4 days and only recently able to sleep. With my daughter I couldnt stay up past 8 30 but this one keeps me up all hours of the night!

The daughter wants to be in our bed by 1 am I am too tire to settle her and just bring her in. She then takes all the room in our bed ! So hard eh

It's 415 am where I live.. so I feel your pain.. I have no trouble falling asleep initially but I wake up an hour later to pee and cant go back to bed.. i don't remember this being so bad with my first, then again, I didn't have one I needed to get up for in the morning either!

I can fel asleep as soon as I lay down but wake up on every move I make while sleeping it's like I don't sleep all night ..my hubby said I was sleeping soundly but I feel like I wake up every 20 min like clock work ...it's not fun ....it's only 11 weeks today ..

Just over 13 weeks here and really struggling to stay asleep too. In the last week I've gotten just over 10 hours sleep and there's a good 24-36 hours between sleep. It's not that I'm not tired, I'm exhausted. I just can't sleep. But at the start of the pregnancy I was asleep all the time.

Me too! And just when i fell asleep last night my dh woke me up to ask about buying a new iphone. I wanted to scream!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->