Can't sleep on my sides now :/

Eniala

Reaction score
I can't sleep on my stomach, and I'm not suppose to sleep on my back. Well, Just the last week, when I sleep on my side, I wake up like a half hour later because I have awful pain in my hip and have to change positions. So I change to my other side, and the same things happens. It hurts so bad! Not sure how I'm suppose to sleep at all!

Snap!!

I have found sleeping kinda on side but twisting slightly so hips are facing the bed (I don't even know if I'm making sense here!!) helps. I have read it is because of the relaxin, but I don't know. It's a nuisance though!!x

Try a bath then back to bed. I have to do this a lot and it settles babe off nerves or whatever is pinched. Mine hurt and go numb no matter what side and I have been having AWFUL sleep. The bath relaxes me enough to pass out though.

ETA- Pillow between legs helps and also sometimes having something slightly under the hip as to take some pressure off. GL!

Same here. Like PP said a pillow between legs helps. I also rest one behind my back and one slightly under my bump and lean into it. Having one tucked up close on my back has really helped me I've found.

Oh, the joys... Not sure what to tell you, except to sleep with lots of pillows and move them around until you feel more comfortable. I sleep with a body pillow - between my legs when I'm on my left side, and at my back when I'm on my right. Plus, I have two pillows under my head, one fat one under my top arm, and another one that moves around all night with me as I need it for support. My sleep isn't the deepest anymore, but I look at it as preparation for when the baby is here and I'll be waking up every couple of hours then.
But I do feel your pain - it stinks to wake up in the night for no good reason other than discomfort. Now I find that I can't really even roll over very easily from one side to the other without getting shooting pains in my lower pelvis. (And I *have* to change sides several times a night, or I start getting the hip pain that you get.) I literally have to use my arms to lift my leg over, as my ligaments must be so loose that I can't move the leg on it's own - and it still hurts!

Same as the above tips, I alternate between a small pillow between legs, or I sleep with my massive body pillow other nights. The giant pillow seems to help with sore hips/dead leg, but am still uncomfortable (cannot wait until I can sleep on my belly again!

Pillows help, as everyone said, plus a heating pad under hip (not belly) I also added a foam pillow under heating pad when my hips were really bad! Dh thought it was quite the ordeal getting me in bed. The good news is that the pain may let up, as mine did, so don't give up hope. Also stretching is majorly helpful straddle stretches, sitting or standing, butterfly or bow stretches, forward bends, whatever you can manage may help. I found the nights I stretch are much more comfortable. Hth and feel better!

I understand, for me...if I sleep on my side...he kicks me like crazy until I move back to my back. He doesn't like side sleeping on either side. It's like he is telling...wait a minute...I was comfortable here!!

I have been sleeping on my back but propped up like a recliner with 4 pillows, mostly because he keeps kicking me!:haha:

I'm just about at due date and have had the same problem since about 20 weeks. Severe SPD combined with arthritis has made sleeping a nightmare. I bought a 12ft u-shaped pillow the same as this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MATERNITY-PREGNANCY-SUPPORT-NURSING-FEEDING/dp/B00B01TURM

I cannot tell you how much it has helped! I'm not going to say I get a great sleep, I'm still waking every hour or so to turn...but it's infinitely better than it was. Being able to turn without having to move pillows and heave them round with me has made life SO much easier.

Omg i thought i was going crazy! iv got exactly the same thing and its driving me crazy! either my hips hurt or my hands and arms go numb and get pins and needles

Very similar, I suffer with SPD so bedtime is a nightmare. Although I have found a pillow or cot duvet folded up under my hips has been helping loads.

Omg i thought i was going crazy! iv got exactly the same thing and its driving me crazy! either my hips hurt or my hands and arms go numb and get pins and needles

yes, that happens to me too. My hands/arms fall asleep no matter how I lay and that wakes me up also. It stinks!!

Whew! Glad it's not just me.

I've tried putting a pillow under my hip but no luck. I did get some comfort sleeping on the sofa but the last few days have been just as uncomfortable

I've been having this problem since about 20 weeks too. Wake up every 1 to 2 hours to have to turn over and if I get up to go to the toilet I find my legs dont work straight away and I have to hobble.

What I've found helps the pain is that I have put two duvets on top of my mattress and I lie on top of these, I still wake because I'm uncomfortable but it's no where near as painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->