Can't stand drinking water!

Underduck

Reaction score
I know I'm supposed to drink tons of water right now but I'm struggling! I used to love a tall glass of cold water but now it makes my stomach churn. I nearly gag.

Has anyone else had this issue? Room temperature water is a little better but my lord, I'm drinking half of what I should. Maybe I should try adding some of that Mio stuff? Ugh! Not much is making me feel like vomiting yet but water does!

Try adding a lemon slice to take the watery taste off? Water is giving me heartburn at the moment but not as much as if id drink anything else xx

I am also having a hard time drinking as much water as I should. I am the opposite of you though. I can stomach ice cold water but room temperature water makes me gag. I saw a news article a couple weeks ago that says eating watermelon is a good substitute for those that can't just down 8 glasses of water a day.

Try diluting juice so many flavours to choose from and all so yummy! :flower:

I bought apple mint flavoured water today because I couldn't keep water in. I managed to drink those and taste good. Maybe try this?

I was having a hard time with water too. Some drinks that worked for me:
-sparkling water
-sparkling water mixed with sparkling juice or regular OJ
-part OJ part water (little less than half juice)
-iced tea
-suck on ice or popsicles
-ginger ale
-herbal or regular tea
-milk on ice
as pp suggested, a juicy fruit like watermelon, cantaloupe, cold green grapes
For me, super cold with lots of ice and a straw helped.

I have not been able to drink water this trimester :( Someday I would get one glass in and feel so bad.
Today I have already puked up water two times :sick:

I am drinking Gatorade right now - I know it's bad b/c of colour and sugar, but I have to get fluid in (as I'm losing lots) or end up with IV.

Just drink anything you can right now, tea, juice, flavoured water... good luck. It's so awful, I know xx

My nurse told me to add flavoring if I needed to. I think during the first trimester it's good to get ANY liquids, regardless of type. Anything you can keep down. When pregnant with my son, about all I could manage was popsicles. Lots and lots of popsicles.

I'm about to go back to that with this one.... ug. So bad.

I am so the same but on most liquids. Hate water (where I usually love it to bits) struggle with juice etc. a bit of fizz seems to be better so am trying sparkling water with a splash of lemon juice. So hard! Hope it eases off soon!

Water makes me feel yakky, so I drink flavoured water or lemonade.

Yes here too! I add some squash/concentrate. How strange water doesn't even have a taste...us pregnants are so picky :haha:

just about to go make a jug of water with slices of orange

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->