Cant stop buying!!

newbie1992

Reaction score
I just cannot stop buying! I don't think I would be going this overboard if I was having a boy but since finding out ten weeks ago I was having a girl I just cannot stop!!!

She has pretty much everything she needs, Ive made sure Ive got the best of everything for her, I've spent so much money, £1000 on my pram, hundreds and hundreds on clothes, plus all the other bits and pieces. I only have left nursery furniture and bedding to get, and i have to wait til the summer as i get a bonus, but i just cannot stop, i went online the other day and bought her this ted baker outfit I've had my eye on and now this baby shop has opened nearby with the loveliest clothes. They are about £55 an outfit and my credit card arrives in a few days (not taken out to intentionally buy more) but my oh is going to start getting annoyed soon haha!

We both bring in money, me more than him, but I cannot stop. Im going to end up spending our food money soon!!

Please tell me I'm not the only one.....

Nope you're not alone! I have spent a small fortune on Brooke already... Like you I have spent on the pram + 3 fabric sets for it, blankets to coordinate with my pram!!! Clothes are my weakness though... I'm going into town tomorrow to top up my maternity wardrobe, but i know i'll buy more for her than me :lol: x

if its your first, you'll learn later on :p

(find so much will go un-used or not needed haha)

This is my 4th!! I have no excuse except that I have no self control :haha:

and you didnt learn haha (joking :p)

is to much cute clothing though, i found i really didnt through half the stuff i had bought in the past plus peoples gifts i felt more inclined to use them first.

This is my 4th!! I have no excuse except that I have no self control :haha:

and you didnt learn haha (joking :p)

is to much cute clothing though, i found i really didnt through half the stuff i had bought in the past plus peoples gifts i felt more inclined to use them first.

:haha: clearly not! Although we did have to start from scratch as I sold everything after saying no more kids.. fast forward a year and bingo, pregnant! I am a lot more clued up on what is needed vs wanted though xx

I want to buy more!!

I just haven't got the funds plus I'm kinda still scared something will go wrong :-(

Ordered her pram though :)

Xx

Lol! I am the opposite. Haven't bought. Thing and tbh haven't really gotten used to the fact that I'm having another baby. I only just had a baby!!! (Well, 8 months ago but it seems like yesterday) and I am so busy with my girls that I don't have the time to even think about buying (when they go to bed, I eat and then go to bed!)

I think after my scan on Tuesday I'm going to buy a few things. I know I won't go OTT this time, as I was very good with dd2 :D dd1 on the other hand, well...

Well you are all better than me, people are saying it won't get used but i haven't bought all newborn, lots 0-3 and we will be busy and out and about all the time so i will make sure she wears it.. i didn't think £55 was a lot??! Im a bit of a designer person so even my underwear is designer lol.. but in my opinion i work hard for good money so she is my new obsession lol!

There is a designer outlet near me, which has a bon point there (if you know it) and its amazing!!! Will be visiting end of summer when they have their winter stuff in stock x

I haven't bought much either mrsmurphy2be! :)

I'm waiting until I get to 24+ weeks to really start...but I'm itching to buy lots as it's the first boy so I've done the pink crazy shopping twice.

I've ordered our pram but it's icandy peach 3 so they are always ages to wait for do July at mo (will probably be delayed too knowing them)

Ordered the car seat-again not got it yet and won't for over a month.

One set of sleep suits and a superman hoodie :haha:

Have fun shopping honey-but don't forget your food! :)

Honestly, if I had more money, I would be going a lot more overboard than I am! I would give my left toe to be able to hit the town and splurge on my little girl, as I've wanted one since I was a little girl myself! I've done the blue and jeans and sweatshirts, ruffled bed hair and mud! I now have the pink tights, frills, tidy hair in a cute little ponytail and barbies to look forward to. I go into a shop and die at all the cute pink things! If I had more money, it would definitely be going on baby stuff!

I went nuts with my first dd but she was my first and I was working fulltime then so I had more spare cash. With me now working part time and our impending house purchase (completing on Friday!) I haven't been able to shop as much this time. Also since its our second girl and we kept practically everything from our first she doesn't actually need much at all! However, I have bought some clothes just for dd2 so she doesn't have ALL hand me downs and my current obsession is big sister/little sister tops and sleepsuits! :D

I'm not doing too bad this time, have most of the essentials and all in very good condition but preloved so saving money. My cousin had a baby girl 7 months ago so she's passing on a ton of clothes to us. It's fun buying but I also like to save money :) x

I need to stop too!

A few months back I was going mad buying clothes for this little lady when all the gorgeous rompers and dresses hit the shops for the summer.

Now I can't stop myself from buying stuff for the kids' room (just got loads of furniture from the Great Little Trading Company - it's so lovely, practical and great quality!). At least the stuff I'm buying now is useful (as opposed to pretty outfits that she will only get to wear a few times before she grows out of them!). I've spent most of my disposable income this month on furniture to sort out the storage and organisation in what will be both their room - I'm so pleased with the result, but I'm going overboard on little details now!

I too will be spending an unreasonably high amount on a pram when my order comes in in July (iCandy Peach Blossom 3 has a huge waiting list) and next month's paycheck will get smaller items for the baby that we couldn't afford to get last time or that we got very cheaply and now I want to replace with a more reputable brand (i.e. car seat, breast pump etc.)

I have a good salary, so I'm not using credit cards or overdrafts, but I am cross at myself for not saving. It will be years before I earn what I earn now again; as I will be going back part time and then want a third child quite soon after the second. So I'll be on maternity leave or part time for the next few years. This should make me stop spending and think about saving, but instead it spurs me on :haha: enjoy it while I can sort of mentality!

On a positive note though, she's got some beautiful clothes to wear and the kids' room is looking amazing! My son and I are in here now enjoying it! It wasn't somewhere we wanted to hang out before.

I have only bought two outputs. We are having Ds2 and we have stuff from Ds1, so far I have bought 2 outfits and wipes, and that is it. I think part of the reason is I am exhausted most days and Lo's room is not available until end of next week when my sis moves out. I have 2.5 weeks before start of my vacation and I plan to shop for the basics, not clothes since we are set for clothes.

£55 for a newborn or 0-3 outfit!?! Wow! That is a LOT! Consider they get weed on, pooed on, Sicked on etc I just couldn't imagine spending that. But hey if you've got the money then why not! I don't spend that much on an item of clothing for myself but if you're a designer fiend then I guess it's different.
My first pretty much lived in babygros for the first 3 months (nothing cuter) and plan on doing the same again with this one.
It's all horses for courses.

Haven't bought a thing!

So many of DDs clothes were not worn or worn once that this baby is going in babygrows until 9months old!

People will bring clothes as gifts and tbh - once you've hot washed an outfit it's usually a little destroyed so imho £55 is a total waste!!

If you must shop at least spread it over the age groups... they grow so fast in the first year you will not use half of what you have bought.

Once I hit 25 weeks I'll buy a bouncer, playmat (we borrowed before and they've been paid forward to another family) some unisex babygrows for a newborn and new muslins. Everything else will be courtesy of big sister.

Honestly I wasted so much money on DD - I'm determined not to do it again. xx

I find that because I had to be so careful with money last time and barely got half of the stuff I wanted and the rest I always had to compromise on the one we wanted so we could scour eBay for the cheapest options; this time I'm really enjoying being able to get what I want.

I haven't spent lots on individual clothes (they're mostly next, m&s and John Lewis - where outfits very rarely stretch to £55, in which case I wouldn't buy them), but I have bought a lot. I haven't really bought anything in small sizes either as I too remember my son being only in sleep suits for the first month, and he grew so quickly!!

I say if you can afford to and you're enjoying yourself then why not splurge a bit? I'd be wary of using credit cards though (!!), but then I'm always wary of credit cards, which is why I don't have one, nor an overdraft. The charity shops will have a huge donation in a few years time when we come to get rid of baby things after number three, which is no bad thing :)

I'm staying team yellow so luckily this helps not to buy loads! I only have 6 sleepsuits and some vests.
I have my nursery furniture ordered & ordering the pram next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->