Can't stop crying

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
People are going to think I'm stupid but I am heartbroken. The cat my parents have had since I was 9 had to be put to sleep today :'(. Mum said he came in this morning dragging his back legs behind him and crying out in pain. My mum got my dad and took him straight to the vets. There was a bood cot in his artery meaning he couldn't move his back legs. The vet woud have operated but then he started having difficulty breathing and the vet said his heart was failing and he wouldn't survive the operation. My dad asked what was the best thing to do and the vet said it woud be indest to stop his pain. So at 8:20 this morning he was put to sleep. Apparently he tried to fight even then so they had to give him more of the drug then was recommended. Absolutely devisated :(. I remember running into our garden aged 9 and begging my mum and dad if we could have one of the kittens from next door. Then carrying this tiny kitten home and being in love straight away. Peope may thin I'm silly and say its only a cat. But he wasn't he was a member of our family. Who we loved so so much :( xx

Your not silly for crying, sorry he had to be put to sleep.
At least he isn't in pain now x

This made me cry :( it's so sad and i am so sorry :( but like someone else said at least your cat isnt in pain anymore. i cant bear the thought of this day coming for my pets but i know sometimes this decision is the kindest and we have to be strong and do it to end their pain :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So sorry babe :hugs:

Il bet he had a fantastic life and that's down to you and your parents.

Oh hun! That made me cry. My cats are my babies, and I don't even want to think about when it's their time to go! It's not silly at all. But he is in a better place now, all out of pain and seeing how much you love him. I just know he's had a happy and fulfilling life.

:hugs:

:hugs:
don't feel silly. i was upset when one of our fish died.
i remember when our cat died when i was about 15 and i was devastated.
i stood in a shop and just burst into tears.

I'm so sorry :hugs: pets are still members of the family and it's awful when they go :( xx

I know how you feel hun my mum's 8 year old dog got put down last week because she had a tumour :cry: Massive :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Dont feel silly hun. Im sure he had a fantastic life and you know he isnt in pain anymore now :hugs: xx

Hey, I agree, cats, well any pet really, are members of our family.

A few weeks ago my kitty, whom I've had five years since he was four month old, went missing and I bawled my eyes out till he came home so I can't imagine the pain you feel right now.

So, so sorry.

Sending huge hugs. X

I'm so sorry hun. I had to put my dog down 3 years ago and it was one of the most horrible experiences of my life. Even when I think back on it, it makes me so sad because I had her since I was 6 years old and put her down when I was 18. I just remember her being in so much pain, taking her to the vets, them saying it'd be best to put her down, so we made that decision and the vet injected her with that drug to stop her heart and she just felt so lifeless, it was heartbreaking :cry: such a horrible situation to be in. Even though they're "only" animals, they're part of our families and it's only normal for you to be upset. I'm so sorry :hugs:

Oh, massive hugs. I totally sympathise with you, when our family cat passed away (we had to have her put to sleep as she had massive kidney failure and was so unwell, it was awful...she was just looking at us. So bewildered as to why we were letting this pain happen) we were all in pieces for so long. She was 18. We all took a little piece of fur and put it in a special box. She wasn't just a cat...she was a family member. She was the one my sister and I sought solace in when rowing with parents, she was the one we pushed in a pram when we were little, she was the one who sat at the table on occasion...to eat pasta and parmesan, she was the one who kept a vigil by our bed when we had a bug, she was the one my mum would buy best pieces of meat for, she was the one who sat beside my dad all day when he was in the garden.

She was so much to all of us.

I can't even really think about it without getting upset. When our boy passes, I will be the same :( we lost one lady, but unfortunately we hadn't had her long, poor love, and although lots of tears and sadness, it wasn't the same.

Huge hugs :hugs:

So sorry babe.
I had to have my kitty put to sleep last Aug and I was totally heartbroken. Massive hugs. xx

In the past I have had 2 cats die and it absolutely devastated me...they were my 'friends'. I think about them now and still have photos of them around and talk about them to my hubby (who I wasn't even with, so he never met them). I have their names tattooed on my feet too (and I rubbed their ashes into the tatto whilst they were healing just so part of them was always in me...sounds OTT i know). I scattered the rest where I want to be scattered too. So, No...you have every right to feel like you do....the pain gets easier with time. Write a story for your LO and make your cat the character...that way you can keep them alive in your hearts x

I feel your pain, imnot a hugeee animal lover BUT last month out 19 month old cat was killed by a car and i kid you not i cryed like a baby alllll day i was/am heartbroken :( im sorry for your loss hun....xXx

Aww Im so sorry :(
I cried like a baby when my tortoise and lizard died.

Awww hun, it's not silly, they do become like family members. I remember booing for days when our dog died... :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->