Can't stop eating take aways!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by mummy2lola, Jan 24, 2011.

1. mummy2lola

mummy2lola Mum to 2 trying for 3

At the beginning I couldn't stand anything being cooked in the house as the smell made me sick so dh would get us maccys or something else bad.I told mw at 12wk app and she said that early it was fine and to eat whatever I could until ms went away....well that stopped at 14wks and we were just having our weekly Chinese and maybe a burger one day but yesterday I didn't fancy anything so had chip shop for lunch and then a keema Nan and poppadoms with a madras sauce for dinner.today I had a normal dinner which half way through made me wanna b sick so I gave it to the dog and have just eaten the same thing I had last night again....I feel guilty coz poor babys just getting crap but maybe it's baby wanting it as I never ate this badly before xx

2. Cajadaem

Cajadaem Well-Known Member

i'm the same, apart from mine stems from sheer laziness at the moment, i usually enjoy cooking a family meal, and get a little buzz when they enjoy there dinner, but i have gotten so lazy in this pregnancy!!

3. mummy2lola

I'm like that aswell Hun,used to love cooking but just can't b arsed at all and nothing appeals to me.dh makes dinner sometimes so I force it down so I'm not being ungreatful but nothing but junk sounds nice xx

4. Cajadaem

Cajadaem Well-Known Member

im with you there x

5. Spunky

Spunky James' and Juliet's Mama!

There was a while where the only thing I would eat was drive through food. Didn't want anything cooked at home. Now I go back and forth from wanting ONE thing at the house (right now it's tortillas and cheese) or drive through. Baby's growing well though, so I guess it's fine for now. I figure if I'm still taking my vitamins baby's getting food and nutrients.

6. mummy2lola

That's what I've been thinking,I take my pregnacare everyday and they say they have every daily recommended vit u need so I'm pinning my hopes on them xx

7. LaLaBelle

LaLaBelle Well-Known Member

I'm totally with you- I just keep taking my prenatals and hoping for the best. I have eaten so much Taco Bell, it's disgusting. OH can't cook (he's tried, and the results are horrifying) and I just can't stomach cooking right now.

8. peanut08

peanut08 Well-Known Member

I havent done much better myself on the food front, 1st tri it was pappadums and chutneys from local indian , then went on to takeaway chicken sweet and sour. Now in my 2nd tri its natchos with hot salsa, guacamole and sour cream, curry any will do and salt & chilli ribs. i do have my porridge every morning and i eat loads of fruit, mostly oranges and frozen grapes.

9. Spunky

Spunky James' and Juliet's Mama!

Oh the Taco Bell I have consumed since becoming pregnant! It's been my main craving. I ate nachos from there 3 days in row, and 4 times that week! :wacko:

10. Gemie

Gemie Mum to 3

I'm living on mac donalds and sub way :shrug: literally but it really is all I can stomach and oh is a good cook but he's just cooking for himself and ds at the mo I take a trip to mac dee's, they know me on first name terms haha
    Well it's either that or starve :(

11. tessica123

tessica123 Well-Known Member

mmmmmm Chinese we were meant ot be having steak for tea but i think i may talk oh into take away now lol

12. mummy2lola

Lol I know,dh went out and bought me loads of stuff to make our own Chinese tonight,it cost £26 in and I went made saying we couldve got a take away for half that amount lol xx

13. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

I've been like that from the beginning in fact I think it was one of my first symptoms, all I wanted to eat was take out, mcdonalds, pizza, kfc, chinese.

I tend to have around 2 take out type meals a week so usually pizza or chinese one night then might have a mc'ds or kfc on a weekend if we are out shopping etc.

Then I just try to balance it out with chicken, potatoes and veg etc other nights of the week and sandwiches for dinner.

I don't think it does any harm as long as they are from places that you are used to going to and know that you won't get ill from them etc.

x

14. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

I'm getting chicken chow mein for tea..... :)